Alan Jones Direct To The People

Is it 1999 again? Completely wrong terminology for what he is actually producing. He’s probably afraid the term ‘video podcast’ would have his target audience scratching their heads. At least ‘digital television’ is just barely understood by them as the whiz bang way to watch the picture wireless these days.

7 Likes

Producers claim there were hundreds of thousands of people tuning in on the website which caused the mishap.

Lies Lies and more Lies

4 Likes

:joy:

Ah, who needs HYBPA? for my Monday night comedy fix?

1 Like

If I told my parents something was on “digital television” they’d think of free to air or Foxtel, like most of us would, I suspect. They wouldn’t make any connection whatsoever that it’s related to social media or streaming. If AJ says his show was on Facebook, they’d understand that. And I’m not telling them about AJ being on Facebook because they’d be half likely to go looking for it :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

The graphics look 10 years old already… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Oh god! I know that template from Videohive! It’s quite old!

5 Likes

Alan still looks and sounds hilarious. Not that anyone should take any of the stuff he talks about seriously but it’s still the perfect fodder for The Cheap Seats and HYBPA.

4 Likes

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/alan-jones-live-stream-crashes-minutes-into-premiere-of-new-online-show/news-story/c038f4e5c157b8e61e1ea3c3f300bd3c

Oh dear!

2 Likes

The subbies at news.com.au decided to sink both boots in after all.

4 Likes

Say what you will about that hoaky green screen, at least Alan bought a decent microphone for this. The audio sounds pretty close to his previous show, unlike similar digital live shows like Ticker or GB News. Also pretty surprised by some of the view counts too. 89k views on one Facebook stream, and while it’s been much lower on other days, it shows his audience might put in the effort to keep watching him.

3 Likes

Alan has been direct to the people before.

Go to YouTube and search “Alan Jones - The Closet Recordings”

You will find the real Alan Jones, unfiltered and at his bully boy best.

It’s more entertaining than the current series of “Alan Jones: The Twilight Years”

7 Likes

He really is an awful human being. Half his listeners would turn in their graves if they knew what he really is like.

4 Likes
1 Like

I didnt expect much from this, but the first two paragraphs are enough to tap out

Flying from Coolangatta to Sydney one morning, Jake Thrupp witnessed a federal government minister doing something appalling.

“He wasn’t reading any papers, didn’t have the newspaper, nothing,” Thrupp recalls. “I thought ‘there’s an hour and a half’. We’re not in holiday mode, it wasn’t summer, it was like a Monday or something. They [politicians] are just so lethargic. I was really shocked about that.”

Urgh, I carried on - it gets worse

4 Likes

Nice to know that Alan’s house boy is keeping busy.

3 Likes

That’s none of his freaking business. But since this is Alan Jones’ apprentice it’s any wonder he’s poking into others’ business like a nosy Parker.

4 Likes

I’m sure Alan would have kept him busy for a few hours

2 Likes

All his talking up about his new venture and his show that debuted in December has been missing since… December?

6 Likes

I’m sure the people paying to access his platform are thrilled he hasn’t updated in 5 weeks.

6 Likes

Likely a serious hint that there’s not many people who have paid up.

6 Likes