AFL

Its not the fault of injuries.

1 Like

Agreed, it’s the attitude of the players

Another big WOW to Geelong following a 102-point win over the hapless Gold Coast Suns. This year the Gold Coast Suns have had a horrible season with injuries and lack of resilience. Cats flag contenders for 2018? Time could only tell.

Nah they will be out week 1. Dont do well after the break.

Here I go at rating the bottom 10 teams from this season and why:
Carlton: 1 - 2 wins is absolutely shocking. The only shinning light IMO was Charlie Curnow. I found Patrick Cripps quite lazy when I watched Carlton games and their lack of attack was a concern
Gold Coast: 1.5 - I give them an extra 0.5 only because they beat Sydney.
St Kilda: 1.5 - Poor year they had much higher expectations.
Brisbane: 3 - I think Brisbane are up and coming. They played some very good football and quite easily could have 10 wins instead of the 5.
Fremantle: 2.5 - they got given an extra home game and still couldn’t use that to their advantage.
Western Bulldogs: 2.5 - again they had higher expectations should have done better
Adelaide: 3 injuries hurt Adelaide bad but surely finals were a must for the Crows after being in the Grand Final last year.
North Melbourne: 4.5 they were the surprise packets of the season and could have made the finals if they had won some winnable games in the last month.
Essendon: 4 - big pick ups they should have made the finals. Really poor start to the season but really strong end.
Port Adelaide: 3.5 really poor end to the season. Struggle to kick high scores. Their 3.5 is purely from their defense which was one of the best defenses of the competition. Should have played finals and only have themselves to blame. Probably the biggest disappointments of the last month.

2 Likes

They have done well over the Geelong Cats who have escaped a heartbreak during the match as Harry Taylor missed the goal after the siren. Bulldogs have had solid wins recently and they should be 4/10.

I disagree. I don’t think they deserve that high a mark with the amount of wins they got.

Jeez didn’t expect that game to be so close!

1 Like

That makes two of us.

Neither did I. Looks like Collingwood will be back there. Doubt they will beat West Coast in the first final. If West Coast don’t make a Grand Final this year then I would say they have failed.

And Hawthorn have prevailed over Sydney with a 9 point win at SCG. Swans have been quite wasteful in the final quarter. So the Top 4 is now set - Richmond, GWS, Hawthorn and West Coast (to play Brisbane tomorrow.) Grand Final for Hawthorn hawks?

1 Like

Think you mean Collingwood. GWS can only finish fifth.

haha you would be brave man to back Hawthorn over Richmond…

And I think you have said nearly every team to win the GF this year, haven’t you?

Sorry my mistake. I was a bit mixed up! I was thinking about other things!

1 Like

Over the moon after our third win in a row over the Swans in Sydney, locking in the double chance! Luckily we didn’t have to deal with Buddy or Parker though.

3 Likes

It was a thrilling match. Happy with the Hawthorn win.

1 Like

Not a word most footy fans will be thinking :pensive::unamused::rage::face_vomiting:

Hawks only been out of finals ONE season since their dynasty, now Top 4, they’ll probably win the flag. Makes me sick and yes as an Essendon supporter even worse.

Sydney played a fantastic game, lead right up until dying minutes, the one that got away, very costly now.

This rapid resurgence is so bad for the competition and Clarko deserves a record salary $$$$$$$$$

1 Like

Wow. Another home and away crowd record has been smashed for the second consecutive time. About 6.8 million people came to the afl matches. Since fremantle and west Coast Eagles move from Subiaco to Optus stadium, home crowds have gone up significantly. With finals coming, expect a massive blockbuster. Richmond who won minor premiers will have a home final. I would expect a crowd of just over 96000 at the MCG.

1 Like

Gosh if you feel that way about Hawthorn you must be even more sick about Sydney right?

1 Like

With last night’s 104-point loss to Adelaide, Carlton finished the season with just two wins, claimed its fifth wooden spoon since 2002 and also had its worst VFL/AFL season since 1901.

2 Likes