AFL

Sorry meant to read after half time. But no excuses they were up by 5 goals at one point. They should not have lost. Shocker.

Agree, they reaped exactly what they had sewn.

Didn’t stop Essendon last night.

Really put off by Collingwood’s lack of accuracy tonight. 14.20 is pretty ordinary - just happened to hold on against ordinary opposition. Next week’s game against Port will be interesting

2 Likes

Very true. As i said not an excuse. However, St Kilda and Essendon are very different teams and a key forward and your only ruckman are huge loses. But again no excuses.

1 Like

I reckon Pies need one more year, not looking remotely 100% Premiership worthy lately, some very average performances in games they should be belting from the get go. Injuries (like Adelaide) only justifiable, definitely, excuse.

Giants didn’t have too many issues either.

As i have said three times no excuses just stating a fact in the game that didnt help them. Your never going to look good when you lose two players you build your team around and that there i think is Ports biggest problem. Two much reliance on Ryder. No extra ruckman. Then having westhoff go in the ruck and dixon going down ruins your forward line and for some reason watts was playing down back against Mcgovern. So much that didnt make sense.

To be honest Hinkley game style this year has driven me mad. No attack like they have in previous years and such low scoring games. Its like the old swans games with really low scoring games. Such a bore to watch. Wish they could play more attacking footy like they did back in 2013/2014.

I think you’re right. We’ve had a shocking run with injuries this season that’s probably cost us a few games, but ultimately that means nothing if you’re being out performed by the likes of Richmond and West Coast.

Also worth remembering that we’ve spent a few seasons out of finals (and the top 8), so we’re lucky to be in the position we’re in

1 Like

I heard from The Sunday Times that Fremantle will host a Friday Night Football at Optus Stadium during next year. If they requested to do so, this will be the first time that a Friday Night Football will be played at the Optus Stadium. I think that it is about Time that they need a Friday Night Football at the Perth Stadium. However, the timeslots will be different compared to Victoria/SA bounce down. A 6:10PM Start in WA will be ideal.

2 Likes

North Melbourne’s finals hopes have taken a big hit with a shock seven point loss to the Western Bulldogs this afternoon. The Kangaroos led by 28 points at half time after kicking five goals in nine minutes, but the Bulldogs fought back with four consecutive goals in the third quarter to seize the initiative, and eventually held out to win to celebrate Dale Morris’ 250th game. The Kangaroos will need to win their final two matches against Adelaide and St Kilda, and rely on other results to reach the finals.

1 Like

North won’t make it now and if Melbourne lose today i think they will miss as well.

1 Like

Oh boy! What a heartbreak for the Demons! They lost to Swans by 9 points. I am quite shocked with Demons performance in the second quarter. The Demons will face West Coast next week at Optus Stadium. This will be a huge test for them. If they win, they will seal finals.
Oh hang on. Geelong have Fremantle and Gold Coast coming up. North Melbourne’s finals have been dented following Bulldogs win. They have Adelaide and St Kilda coming up. Port Adelaide have got Collingwood and Essendon coming up. Sydney have secured finals footy.

Its hard to believe Melbourne have lost all their games this year against teams in the Top 9 - says a lot about their draw!

(On another matter, its hard work being a swans fan at the moment - bloody hell, I’m glad we won but we need to stop giving it away)

4 Likes

Not yet they still need to win one more.

1 Like

Poor Alex Johnson. He had five knee reconstructions. On his second senior match back (against Melbourne today) he injured his left knee in the first quarter. Looks like he did his anterior cruciate ligament.

4 Likes

I got all my tips right, I went for some upsets, and the upsets happened!!! 9/9 YES BABY :innocent:

Ps: Sydney Swans unreal, they’ll make finals, most successful modern day sport club bar none.

1 Like

They have two very tough games. But i think they will win one to make the finals.

1 Like

Also an issue with sydneys last two games is they are playing both in Sydney where they have struggled to win games this year.

Sydney Swans aren’t even the most successful club in the modern day in the AFL let alone in all of sports!

5 Likes