AFL

Link to an article.

On SEN Test Cricket Sunday the federal sports minister said there’s no way the federal government will fund the stadium: “$360 million is a bit much to ask for a stadium”.

1 Like

Essendon have come to a settlement with short-lived CEO Andrew Thorburn, apologising to him and donating an undisclosed amount to an ethics institute.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Mac Andrew caught drink driving.

1 Like
1 Like

He has been banned by the Suns for the first two matches of the upcoming home and away season. He will be also unavailable for pre-season games, must complete alcohol and driver education sessions and will assist with the club’s multicultural community programs over the next six weeks.

3 Likes

Casually mentioned to the missus I was thinking of flying to Melbourne (I’m in Brisbane) for round 10 to see Carlton v Collingwood on the Sunday.

She said why not fly down Friday and go to Friday night, Saturday arvo and Saturday night as well.

Friday night is in Adelaide so that’s off the cards but looks like I’m having my own festival of footy.

Looking at north V sydney at marvel on sat arvo

Essendon v Richmond on sat night

Carlton v Collingwood on Sunday.

5 Likes

North Melbourne’s Tarryn Thomas has been charged by police of threatening to distribute an intimate image. The club also revealed Thomas was stopped by police over Christmas for driving with a suspended licence.

1 Like
2 Likes

What’s with AFL house and sex scandals!

3 Likes

Kelly will take up the new job on February 20.

3 Likes

North Melbourne president Sonja Hood revealed this morning that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer, and would take leave to undergo treatment.

2 Likes

Tony Cochrane announced today (February 8) that he is resigning as Gold Coast chairman after nine years. He will leave the role after the Suns’ opening round match against the Swans in March.

4 Likes

Cate’s uncle Jeff Gamble played 90 games for Essendon from 1953 to 1960.

(the Aussie Rules bit starts at 1:30 mark)

1 Like

Only 4 weeks? He literally took drugs. I think the AFL really needs to up punishments for this, players should have to sit out the season tbh, popular or not.

2 Likes

Bro how many players do you think have ever taken recreational drugs before in their life? Should we ban half the comp? He didn’t take PEDs.

5 Likes

But also, he’s taken something that’s illegal, the police should get involved with all this.

2 Likes

You want the police to waste time charging and the courts taking up their time convicting someone who did a line in the bathroom? I think there are far more important things that resources need to be used. Perhaps the traffickers and dealers would be the ones to target rather than a 20 year old male who engaged in something that is so prevalent across all aspects of society.

6 Likes

How long until round one? Man I am keeeeeeeen for the season to start!!