AFL

It doesn’t make sense to a lot of people. Apparently he was about to go to bed last night when he got a knock on the door…

1 Like

According to AFL Media’s reporter Cal Twomey, Ratten met St Kilda president Andrew Bassat yesterday morning, and was told in the afternoon that he would be sacked.

1 Like

I feel sorry for Brett but it had to happen. St Kilda need major changes to become competitive once again and make the eight.

I don’t think Brett was the problem though.

3 Likes

Really makes the decision to re-sign him 100 days ago look incredibly poor then, especially in light of the market for coaches being incredibly limited after significant change in coaching ranks across a number of clubs

Re-signing a coach who was somewhat on the ropes before appointing a GM of football should have been a warning that things werent quite right

6 Likes

Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon now

2 Likes

This was always going to happen and its something that sporting teams (and competitions) are going to have to put more effort into in the future - but its a tightrope that they’ll have to walk weighing up the benefits against what those who provide what is in effect a human billboard have to say about it.

Sportswashing has become incredibly rife across the board - its good to see some pushback (although I’d like to see greater effort to rid betting and crypto money too)

3 Likes

The AFL’s statement said the investigation would start immediately, with the panel to release a report publicly once it had reached its findings, with a projected end date in December 22.

4 Likes

I hope one day Port Adelaide can welcome Mark Williams back.

Will this affect the company’s partnership with the AFL and a number of clubs as well?

2 Likes

Good news for Brisbane fans with their coach allowed to return from tomorrow.

1 Like

Shouldn’t be allowed to return until the report has been released. Disgraceful. AFL just shoving this under the rug.

2 Likes

Bad news for players and their families?

1 Like

Cannot understand how a coach implicated in an integrity review is able to return to work before that review has been run.

So far from the point, but I have a gut feeling that it’s going to be a long summer for North fans.

1 Like

Thoughts on players being delisted then re-rookied so the club can make the minimum selections in the draft? (I’m not talking about the actual rookie players who aren’t quite ready yet) I personally think it’s wrong that experienced players, such as Brisbane’s Ryan Lester who has played 161 games after debuting more than a decade ago, can be selected using this method because the club has mucked up their list management and need to “delist” players.

Doesn’t have something to do with the club needing to delist a certain amount of players every year? This wouldn’t mean the club has ‘mucked up’ their list management.

1 Like