Stadia

Why not, Melbourne already has one!

2 Likes

Gold Coast’s Metricon Stadium will have a new name by the end of the year, with naming rights sponsor Metricon Homes deciding not to renew its contract with the Suns. Metricon has endured a tough year with the sudden death of founder Mario Biasin in May, and rising costs in building materials. It required a $30 million capital injection and sacked 9% of its workforce to stay afloat.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/metricon-stadium-to-change-its-name-after-builder-fails-to-renew-gold-coast-suns-sponsorship-deal/news-story/80a67f4ee8ee956900db37b894f992e0

1 Like

They also pulled out of Melbourne Victory.
Will be weird to call it anything else.

My bet is that it will either become Austworld Stadium or Crypto Stadium

Why do you say that?

Crypto(dot)com are scaling back their advertising investments right now, so I doubt they’d be buying stadium naming rights at the moment.

1 Like

Interesting to see what may happen to Crypto.com Arena in LA.

The redeveloping Grand Prairie Stadium (formerly AirHogs Stadium):

1 Like

The usual Newscorp clickbait. This Qatar stadium looks like female genitalia.

Socceroos’ X-rated Qatar home ground:

https://www.news.com.au/sport/football/world-cup/the-socceroos-xrated-home-ground-for-world-cup/news-story/970f1fb19d6d898001ce79b5ffa148d0

1 Like

Potential overseas AFL venue? Certainly the planned LA venue would be.

1 Like

There wouldn’t be many of those that are not cricket venues.

Football, rugby, gridiron and baseball fields wouldn’t be suitable.

1 Like

“Newest Stadium Officially Revealed”

The league’s 17th club showed off its stadium in Redcliffe

as the first photos of the new-look venue were taken

Fans will get their first taste of Kayo Stadium

Bullshit story as well, have cameras only just reached QLD?

The Warriors literally played home games there last year.

2 Likes

I am disappointed that stadium management dropped Moreton Daily as the naming rights sponsor. It could have boosted the profile of the community newspaper internationally.

What’s the point of that?

1 Like

maybe the Moreton Daily dropped the stadium? Sponsorship could be a huge expense for a small news outlet.

1 Like

huh? The stadium doesn’t care about that sort of thing.

Yeah, I suspect now it’s going to get more national airtime and international airtime it was a natural time to seek a new naming rights sponsor.

Given Moreton Daily probably doesn’t have designs on competing with the likes of the New York Times etc I’m not sure what international exposure would mean for them.

2 Likes

Looking forward to hearing how Nine’s commentators avoid saying the name of the stadium.

3 Likes

Probably go down the ABC Route and call it Dolphin Oval

2 Likes

The report on the proposed stadium in Hobart was written by MI Global.

2 Likes