AFL

Essendon go get Mark Williams you will not be disappointed.

1 Like

I have been calling for a club to get him for ages. He is underated

1 Like

Completely agree. So many clubs have had success with him as a mentor. Richmond and Melbourne both won premierships with him at the club. He also helped set up GWS. I find it absolutely crazy he hasn’t been given another shot.

Where’s Paul Roos at these days? I know he said he didn’t want to be a senior coach again but he seemed to be able to turn teams around with his few years at Melbourne where he set things in place and trained up Goodwin for success with their premiership. I’m also surprised with how Carlton have gone this year with only one year under Voss too. I’m hoping they can hang on now for finals but considering where they’ve been for the last decade and the coaches they’ve gone through - even quality ones, it’s amazing how much of a difference the right coach makes.

What a finish at the MCG. Collingwood came from behind to beat Carlton by one point. The result means Carlton miss the finals by 0.6%, after Western Bulldogs defeated Hawthorn by 23 points at Launceston earlier this afternoon.

Collingwood led Carlton by 19 points at half time, before the Blues kicked eight goals to one to lead by 24 points at three quarter time. The Pies fought back in the final term scoring 5.1 (including Jamie Elliott’s match-winning goal) while the Blues could only manage six behinds. An extra behind would have ended in a draw, and two competition points and a finals spot for the Blues. Instead, they suffered their fourth loss in a row while the Pies stayed in the top four. The Blues also became the third team in VFL/AFL history, and the first team since 1977 (also Carlton) to be inside the finals position for every round except the final game of the season.

Today’s attendance of 88,287 at the MCG is the biggest crowd for a home and away match this year, and the biggest crowd for a home and away match between Carlton and Collingwood.

8 Likes

Poor Carlton. They just lost their chances of being in the finals by 1 point. 1.

1 Like

Carlton started off the season well but during the 2nd half, the season started to derail quickly with injuries. How could this happen? Michael Voss isn’t happy about his loss.
Had Carlton kicked straight they would have won the game.

1 Like

Oh boo hoo.

#flagpies2022

COME ON DOGS! So happy the Pies won.

Bulldogs players watched the second half of the Collingwood-Carlton match at their Launceston hotel this afternoon.

3 Likes

it’s actually flagmantle

2 Likes

No, go back to James Hird - that wont end badly at all

4 Likes

In the last match of the home and away season, Sydney defeated St Kilda by 14 points at Docklands. The margin was not enough to push the Swans to second spot. Instead they finished third on the ladder and would face the Demons in a qualifying final.

And htere it is. Sydney Swans getting the job done, beating the Saints by 14 points at Marvel Stadium, Melbourne. Melbourne Demons have been guaranteed a top 2 finish.
The Lineup would end like this:
1st Qualifying Final - Geelong Cats v Collingwood (MCG)
2nd Qualifying Final - Melbourne v Sydney Swans (MCG)
1st Elimination Final - Fremantle v Western Bulldogs (Optus Stadium)
2nd Elimination Final - Brisbane Lions v Richmond (Gabba)

Who’s tips for Finals would you have?

1 Like
2 Likes

Pity Geelong can’t play at their home ground. Collingwood basically could get 3 home games.

Well with the current construction you would be absolutely stupid to play a final there.

2 Likes

I know the AFL has to make money but there also needs to be some fairness to the team who finished 1st and played the best footy all season.

As a Collingwood fan, I reluctantly admit that the game really should be played at GMHBA. Geelong are the Geelong Cats, not the Melbourne Cats. They play their best footy down in Geelong and should be rewarded for being minor premiers by getting to play there.

2 Likes

Bro their ground it literally half there. Maybe when it is at capacity.

They can still fit 26,000 whilst the stadium is under construction. Not great but it’s just the way it should be if Geelong earn a home final IMO.

1 Like