AFL

This is a game changer. Surely Clarko would rather be at Essendon than North.

If true, David would be a great President for Essendon.

Clarko will be the next North Melbourne coach.

5 Likes

What a pick up for North Melbourne!

1 Like

I feel so sorry for the way Ben Rutten has been treated but he’s handled it all so well. Class act.

6 Likes

A massive pick up for North Melbourne. I think Alastair Clarkson will be a good coach for North Melbourne. When Clarkson first started coaching at Hawthorn in early 2005, they went into a full rebuild where they were taught a new game style. He had the opportunity to turn things around for the Hawthorn club in the 2000s, leading to a flag in 2008.
I hope he does the same for the NOrth Melbourne.

Did any network break into programming to show Clarko’s presser? Other than Fox Sports News who I assume carried it of course.

Also to note that North seem to be very behind the times: not even branded mic flags on the table. Just generic black.

Clarko’s return to North even made the Afternoon News Bulletins in Sydney & Brisbane, Which both Swans and Lions are Preparing for the Finals.

2 Likes

It was a big sporting night in the Queensland capital, with Brisbane hosting Melbourne in both AFL and NRL, simultaneously. Unfortunately for the home teams, both matches ended in lopsided defeats.

In the AFL, Melbourne tuned up for the finals with a 58-point thumping of the Lions. The Demons led from start to finish, leading by 67 points at halftime. They will finish in the top four and can even host a qualifying final if Sydney lose to St Kilda on Sunday evening.

1 Like

Yep, BIG wins for teams called Melbourne.

Even the Storm outscored the Lions.

4 Likes

Caroline Wilson reported on 3AW Football this afternoon that she thinks that as of next year, umpires will only be bouncing the ball to start the quarter. After every other goal, the ball will be thrown up. This comes after she reported on Wednesday night on Footy Classified that the AFL will trial having four field umpires next year.

1 Like

How many field umpires do we currently have?

Three

I just hope it doesn’t come with more free kicks and over umpiring.

I like the removal of bouncing the ball.

1 Like

West coast and north melbourne have had the worst afl seasons by any team in a long time. I am not even sure when the last time the bottom two teams won a combined 4 games.

3 Likes

2013, Melbourne won 2 and GWS won 1. Prior to that it’s all the way bacj to 1981 when Footscray won 2 amd Melbourne just 1.

2 Likes

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-thrashed-by-lions-2917-191-to-010-10-in-vfl-bloodbath/news-story/6e35c8458d4babcaee52ec1c17af19da

WARNING: THAT ARTICLE IS TRASH AND INCORRECT

I know.

1 Like

How does that even happen? No byline, is this AI ripping info from tweets and cobbling together a story? Does news.com.au usually even report on VFL results let alone provude match reports?

1 Like

Essendon has sacked senior coach Ben Rutten following this morning’s board meeting.

1 Like