AFL

Yes it was pretty horrifying. I saw it myself. Disgusting indeed.

Why do people feel the need to be so rude and disgusting to other humans? It really is incredibly disappointing

1 Like

Because a decent portion of our society are gronks.

It was reported on the 3AW Rumour File this morning that Noble will be gone by the end of the day, so that rumour has become fact.

2 Likes

Well it wasn’t surprising considering how bad they have been playing.

1 Like

News Ltd are reporting the Swans have offered Lance Franklin less than half of his current salary to stay in Sydney next year. He is not happy with the current proposal.

It remains to be seen if they can reach an agreement. He is apparently open to relocating to QLD, WA or back to Melbourne.

That is a surprise development. I always think that Franklin’s 9-year deal with Sydney means he will finish his career at the Swans.

2 Likes

As if anyone would be willing to offer him more than 600k a year. He is a great player but he is not the player he once was.

2 Likes

I always assumed he would retire at the end of this existing deal, but he obviously still thinks he can continue further. No way Sydney would continue to pay him near what he gets now, too much pressure with the cap and yes, he’s not the player he once was, although he is still a drawcard.

1 Like

I wonder if a team like Fremantle would pick him up. And how much they would offer him. There are a few teams in the premiership window that could do with a player like Buddy.

The change now allows unvaccinated players to return to the game next season …

3 Likes

not like the old vfl days all games were 2:30

1 Like

English Premier League has all 10 final round games at the same time but 2 games overlapping in the AFL is supposedly wrong

1 Like

Its worth noting that this is done on purpose - its possible that the final round has consequences on things like the winner, champions league qualifications and relegations, so it builds some drama but also helps discourage tanking/shenanigans to game a result

4 Likes

Yes definitely on purpose to avoid tanking etc but it’s still able to be done

It helps that its a tradition (of sorts) and that every game in the UK isnt broadcast live too

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

It took until round 19 for the first draw of this season: Richmond and Fremantle finished at 52-all. The Tigers had two marks in the final three minutes to clinch victory: Noah Balta took more than 30 seconds to shoot for goal, was called by the field umpire to play on, and kicked to the player on the mark. Then with seconds to go, Noah Cumberland took a mark 55 metres out from goal, and played on as the final siren sounded.

What a thrilling end to the game! I feel sorry for Noah Cumberland. Had he not played on, Richmond would’ve had a chance of winning if he stopped, set up, and at least scored a point.

Too many missed opportunities from Richmond tonight saw Fremantle lucky to head home with two points.

4 Likes