AFL

Ben King being out for the season for Gold Coast. They just can’t take a break.

1 Like

@VictorianSun such a shame. He’s a great talent. Wish him a quick recovery for the good of the team.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Great news

1 Like

Perth’s Optus Stadium will have 75% capacity under stage 1 of the new COVID restrictions announced by WA Premier Mark McGowan this afternoon. This will affect both Fremantle and West Coast home matches in the first few rounds of the upcoming AFL season.

This is only stage 1 it’s is very possible when more cases come this will be further reduced.

Hope they still allow away fans in

Borders open to full vaccinated travellers from early March so yes they will. You just need to have 3 doses and have a negative rapid test 12 hours before departure. So you are all set to go for round 1. Enjoy and go the Suns.

1 Like

I’m meaning for the venue considering it’s reduced

Yeah if you can get a ticket you can get in.

That is a good point. I believe there will be an allocation for interstate memberships.

1 Like

This is great. Royal stacks and Gammi chicken are some of my favourite guilty pleasures.

2 Likes

I’ve always found it odd that it was Red Rooster, given how most events have KFC, Hungry Jacks or McDonalds as the major sponsor.

Real test is really if they can do stuff fast enough - Marvel has a bunch of those slightly fancy places in there, but they always look horribly slow. I just want to grab something off a warming plate and get out of there.

3 Likes

Optus Stadium will be at just 50% capacity after WA Premier Mark McGowan this afternoon announced level two COVID restrictions. He said the new rules will be reviewed before the end of March.

1 Like

Not sure where to put this one but it looks like Tasmanian Premier Peter Gutwein is going to announce a new sports stadium at Macquarie Point on the Hobart waterfront.

Tasmanian government to reveal plans for a new AFL stadium near Hobart’s Macquarie Point - ABC News

1 Like

Tasmanian Premier Peter Gutwein announced the stadium at state parliament this afternoon.

It is similar to Wellington’s Sky Stadium, which was built on a former railyard at the waterfront.

1 Like

Something in the Window for a Merger.

No.

You already have to split matches north and south - they need every last home game they can get - you can’t build a stadium for 3 or 4 matches a year.

Mergers just aren’t on the table. No club wants it, no fans want it, Tasmania doesn’t want it, no club is financially poor enough to need it.

1 Like

I hate the artist render. Hopefully they go with a permanent translucent roof like Forsyth Barr Stadium has - it’s a great model for a cost effective roofed stadium in a relatively small market.

1 Like