AFL

Bit of a WTF moment, but I guess while the money is being offered, the AFL have never really been ones to say no.

UPDATE:

Last night’s announcement by WA Premier Mark McGowan of the postponement of the reopening of state border has surely put the start of the 2022 AFL season in limbo. I think after West Coast and Fremantle have played their first home games of the season (on March 20 and 27 respectively), they will have to spend several weeks on the road, until the Omicron outbreak is under control in other parts of Australia and the WA state border is fully reopen.

1 Like

What do you think will happen with the mens competition?

I think the fixture for the first two rounds will proceed as normal. After that the Eagles and the Dockers will play away games for around two months. I hope that by the end of the period the number of Omicron cases in the east coast and SA will have decreased significantly to allow WA to open its state border so the two teams can fly home.

1 Like

I think the derby will either go to round 1 or 2 and some Victorian teams will come into WA before round one to play the WA teams. After round 2 or 3 I think we will see the WA teams on the road unless they open the borders.

I reckon Freo and the Eagles should hub in Tassie for a bit.

1 Like

Meatloaf, Star of the 2011 AFL grand final has passed away

5 Likes

What do you think about these players refusing to be vaccinated? Would there be consequences Dina finally for these players?

I think we will see more AFL players refuse to get jabbed.

1 Like

Like how they’re not allowed to play or train? I’d have thought that is the consequence they have decided not themselves.

2 Likes

Since there was a set date for all players to be vaccinated, if some of them refused to get a jab even though they were eligible that’s their problem.

Former umpire Rowan Sawers receives a Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) in this year’s Australia Day Honours list for his service to Australian Rules Football as an AFL umpire and to umpire coaching. He officiated 410 VFL/AFL games, including four Grand Finals and the Anzac Day clash between Collingwood and Essendon in 1995.
He is among eight people from the footy community honoured.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TheTodayShow/status/1486495378836840451?s=20

While no decision has been made, The Australian Financial Review understands that relocating the West Coast Eagles and the Fremantle Dockers to the east coast has been canvassed at senior levels of the AFL, in the event the border closure is still in place when the season begins on March 16.

1 Like

Won’t be forever just temporary

1 Like

This is what happens when you have borders closed , separating afl players from families and their fans. McGown is stupid. There is no need for a hard border closure in w.a Omicron has already landed.

3 Likes

1 Like
2 Likes