AFL

It is not a forgivable offence. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Huge game tonight, for all sorts of reasons!

Richmond musn’t lose though or I fear they’ll go out in straight sets :confused: Need to see it to believe it.

Even more anticipated in Victoria, given last night was one-sided.

Who wins??

I think Geelong would be thinking the same. I have a feeling Geelong will lose this one

1 Like

Good game so far, crowd definitely on the Tiger’s side. Geelong goalless until the dying minutes of the half but two quick goals and I can’t say which way it’s going to end. Tigers have the pressure but Cats have the 9 lives and can bring out some amazing football and also some of the worst. Definitely a better game last night. Go Cats!

1 Like

5837 days since Richmond have tasted finals success. Not anymore! What a win

What a match. The first third quarters were a tight tussle, with Geelong fighting back after Richmond led by 21 points. The Tigers kicked away in the final term to set up the win.
Tonight’s crowd of 95,028 is the biggest attendance for a qualifying final in VFL/AFL history.
First time this year the Telstra tracker is displayed during Seven’s coverage (it was last used during Nine’s State of Origin telecast).

2 Likes

Really sick of Channel 7 commentators having a circle jerk over these stupid stats. WTF is wrong with 17 years. It’s not like they play finals every day.

1 Like

Worth remembering that Qualifying Finals have only been around since 1972. So much for Geelong earning a home final, probably 70% plus Tigers in the crowd.

I thought they used that last night as well?

Are you a Cats supporter?

Nah, Demons.I’ll be equally sick of the stupid stats and over hyped chit chat they bring up when we make it to finals. Off season doesn’t matter.

:notes:"Oh we’re from Tigerland… DAH DAH DAH DAH…:notes:

What a classic, absolutely huge for Richmond, thriller until the final QTR (when Tigers saw the light)!

Congrats Tiger army :clap:

Even Tom Steinfort (die hard Richmond fan) from Nine Sydney was off hit nut tonight! Today Show will be interesting tomorrow morning :wink:

1 Like

Here is the fixture for the second and third week of 2017 AFL finals series (from Twitter account of AFL media manager Patrick Keane)

4 Likes

Surely the MCG Prelim will be twilight again given it’s a non Victorian team involved?

2 Likes

I am very… Very very very very… Very nervous today!

I may be inconsolable by tonight :disappointed_relieved:

Oh yeah… GO BOMBERS :grin:

(I have tipped the Swans to win though).

A huge final.

What kind of supporter are you?

Its time for Richmond to make a GF it will mean every team outside expansion clubs will have played in a GF in the last 20 years. It will also prove the AFLs system works.

1 Like

Record AFL crowd at the SCG today.

46,323 (beating SYD vs. GEEL in 1997).

Huge success :tada:

Shaame for Essendon.

It was one way traffic after Joe Daniher kicked the first goal. Disappointing end for careers of Jobe Watson and James Kelly.

1 Like

An amazing performance by Sydney, they’ve never looked better all year, huge win :ok_hand:

Very disappointing by the Bombers, completely outclassed & never looked in it, no finals experience for the current list didn’t help. I was just amazed we even made the Top 8 this year, job done :slight_smile:

Luckily for Seven, it seems ratings aren’t affected by one-sided games (e.g.) the last two nights.

I’ll note that if you weren’t an Essendon supporter, you probably still enjoyed/watched the game (similar to Richmond last night, just not as much).

Not at all - was watching a bloody intense NRL final between the Storm and the Eels over on Nine. (Off-topic: Will be interesting to see the ratings for a rare main-channel match in Melbourne.)

Rather annoying to see three one-sided games in the AFL finals thus far - Geelong was shaken by Richmond; curious as to how the latter can perform most likely against GWS in a fortnight’s time.

2 Likes

Yes, I thought it was ironic that the 3 AFL finals that were all a bit one sided, and conversely we’ve seen 2 x 2 point games in the NRL finals. Ironic in that the AFL is the one with the draft that is supposed to make it more even (which the NRL doesn’t have).

And that there are 5 Sydney teams in the NRL finals, but only 2 Melbourne sides (now 1 left) in the AFL finals. There’s no COLA allowance for Sydney teams in the NRL either (which only the Swans and GWS get in the AFL).