AFL

ITS A DRAW WE ARE GOING TO EXTRA TIME. Finally a close game this week!

5 Likes

I feel a drawn match will increase ratings unprecedently between Adelaide and Perth markets.

1 Like

:red_circle::white_circle::red_circle::white_circle::red_circle::white_circle::red_circle::white_circle:
#GoSwans #DefytheOdds

3 Likes

Luke Shuey kicked a goal after the final siren to send West Coast into next week’s semi final after they trailed Port by 13 points. Port Adelaide lost by two points, inaccurate kicking cost them at the end (16 behinds). Shuey now joins those who scored after the final siren to win a finals game (Gary Buckenara in 1987, Billy Brownless in 1994 and Tony Lockett in 1996).

Next week’s finals fixture:
Friday: Geelong v Sydney (MCG, 7.50pm)
Saturday: GWS v West Coast (Spotless Stadium, 7.25pm)

4 Likes

Semi Finals 2017

2 Likes

Also this (technically) means that Port never beat a top 8 side when playing them for the whole 2017. I don’t care what you say Turndall

1 Like

Shattered.

4 Likes

With Week One of finals done and dusted these are the possible Grand Final match-ups:

Crows vs. Tigers

Crows vs. Giants

Crows vs. Eagles

Swans vs. Tigers

Swans vs. Giants

Swans vs. Eagles

Cats vs. Tigers

Cats vs. Giants

Cats vs. Eagles

I personally think it will either be Richmond v Adelaide or Richmond v Sydney.

5 Likes

Absolutely agreed :smiling_face:

Wouldn’t this be nostalgic!

I would like to see Richmond make it now Port are out.

With Port shattered they have been on the wrong end of two epic finals in a row. Hopefully the next one we are on the right side of.

2 Likes

If Richmond go all the way, it’ll be another fairytale & I think even bigger than last year (despite the drought not being as great)!

Given the Tigers are one of the traditional ‘Big 4’ Melbourne clubs, with probably 5 times the supporter base of the Western Bulldogs? Let alone everyone else jumping on board (bar Sydney, Geelong and Adelaide fans) :open_mouth:

reply to mod: :+1:

1 Like

My Tigers are coming good at the right time of year. Anything short of making the Grand Final from here would be a massive disappointment.

The whole build up here in Melbourne will be huge should Richmond get there.

4 Likes

Tiges have the easy prelim, they really should make the GF, but can see the Swans or Adelaide prevailing, by a lot.

1 Like

Richmond’s Dustin Martin was voted the AFL Players Association MVP of 2017 by his fellow players. He claimed the award with 1333 votes ahead of last year’s winner Patrick Dangerfield (776) and Giants young gun Josh Kelly (416). Martin has already won player of the year awards from Herald Sun and 3AW.

That’s the biggest worry of all.

Sydney look so scary, wanting to avenge their last two GF losses no doubt & it could very well happen.

Depends on who wins. It will be a twilight game in GWS win, but an afternoon game if the Eagles win (happened in 2011 when the Eagles travelled to play Geelong in a prelim). I’ll be at the ground to see what happens given I’m in Sydney this weekend.

1 Like

Already been announced that the Prelim will be twilight regardless of whether its GWS or Rich. Will start sometime between 4pm and 5.10pm.

2 Likes

Based on timetable on Virgin Australia website, the last flight from Melbourne to Perth on the day of Richmond’s preliminary final departs at 6.10pm. If West Coast makes it to the match, they will need to charter a plane to take the team home.

They could just fly home the next morning?

Or the AFL get a special flight for them. After all, it happens when SA/WA travel to Tas as there are no direct flights currently.