AFL

The Ben McEvoy choice as captain is an odd one. Hawthorn seem to choose captains who don’t have long left in their careers. They have had some weak leadership over the last few years and I don’t think this is going to be a good one either.

As a long-time Hawthorn fan I was pretty surprised with the decision (remember, the players themselves voted to choose whom they wanted to be captain). They could have chosen someone younger like Tom Mitchell.

First reported by Herald Sun today.

The Pies held a press conference this afternoon about the report.

Australia demands Eddie’s resignation:

1 Like
1 Like

#vicbias

1 Like

A more generic name like East Coast Football League may have been more appropriate.

Not a great week for TV gameshow hosts.

3 Likes

Rather that than “AFL East” or whatever dumbarse name the AFL would surely have come up with as an alternative.

1 Like

At the start of Collingwood’s AGM this evening, Eddie McGuire apologised for his comments yesterday regarding the release of the club review.

Or AFL1 - like the former state basketball leagues are now branded as NBL1.

1 Like

We do have an AFLW thread on this forum.

1 Like
1 Like

ABC News to show it live.

7 in Melbourne as well.

1 Like

SHOCK ANNOUNCEMENT: Eddie McGuire quits as president of Collingwood:

2 Likes

Yep I’ve just said that…

As a Collingwood fan, I feel very sorry for Eddie. Obviously he didn’t mean to cause any harm with his “proud” comments.

Despite his many misdoings, he’s done a great job as the president of Collingwood, cares deeply about the club, and will leave a big hole at the club.

4 Likes

He just can’t do anything without fanfare and simplicity though can he?

2 Likes

Bye Eddie! :wave:

2 Likes