AFL

Excusing him already. Fact of the matter is he chose the wrong words and damaged himself and Collingwood even more. I’m glad he’s gone. Sometimes you have to lay the consequences for stuff you say.

It will be interesting to see how Collingwood fare without Eddie around.

I don’t know why, but I suspect not as well.

I am not a big fan of Eddie. And his mouth has got him in trouble way too many times. This isn’t just a witch hunt for him or people targeting him. He has put himself in that position. However, with that all said, I think Eddie has done an amazing job for Collingwood and the AFL. And he will be a huge loss. But I think he is lucky because i think Collingwood are in for some really troubling times.

1 Like

I agree.
I also think his ego got the better of him in the end.

5 Likes

Pies supporter here. About bloody time he’s gone, at least 10 years past his use-by date.

2 Likes

Herald Sun reports late tonight that Tasmanian Premier Peter Gutwein had written a letter to the AFL in recent days, demanding to lock into a timetable for the introduction of a stand-alone Tasmanian team. Until then, the state government has declared it will not engage in conversations with Hawthorn and North Melbourne on renewing their deals to each play four games in the Apple Isle. The current contracts with both clubs expire at the end of the 2021 season.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-tasmania-crisis-premier-demands-team-threatens-to-end-hawthorn-and-north-melbourne-deals/news-story/b6164c41aa35931b799751a1a25f0118

2 Likes

Good. They need to stand firm on this one. They deserve their own team.

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Here is McLachlan’s letter to Gutwein, as revealed first by WIN News reporter Brent Costelloe late this afternoon. Read it and judge for yourself:

2 Likes

It’s going to be interesting to see the way Gutwein handles this one, he seems very determined to get an answer after it’s been back and forth for decades… since the VFL became the AFL.
Gutwein has helped to secure an NBL team with the Tassie Jack Jumpers coming soon and they’re still trying to lure the A-League I think as well.
He’s not mincing his words with things and doesn’t seem to be one to back down which will be interesting to see what happens next.
Interesting there the offer for the AFL to do the negotiating with Hawthorn and North Melbourne.

I’d really like to know if COVID hadn’t happened whether there still would have been a delay, it does feel for Tasmania that it’s a carrot just constantly being dangled and I think that PG has had enough and either wants the carrot taken away or the stick. Both scenarios will be interesting to see how they would play out.

1 Like

Also helping the Netball Tasmania bid for the 2023 Suncorp Super Netball season

2 Likes

Carlton’s best and fairest for 2020 was finally held this afternoon after three postponements due to COVID-19, with Jacob Weitering awarded his first John Nicholls Medal in front of his teammates and coaches at Ikon Park. It was the last B&F event for the 2020 season.

1 Like

I doubt covid would have mattered - if the AFL thought they could have a team based in Tassie, it would have happened by now. I suspect it’s an excuse to kick the matter into the long grass again

4 Likes

Would they ever consider relocating the Suns to Tassie? Compared to the Greatest Wankers in Sydney Giants, I don’t think they’re getting much of a toehold on the GC.

Mind you, they can also relocate the Gnats. :stuck_out_tongue:

I doubt they would now - unless something major happened that impacted the viability of the club being based on the Gold coast. I think also, the AFL learnt their lesson on relocating (and merging) clube

1 Like

NO WAY IN HELL…

Have you seen the impact the Suns have had on grassroots football in SEQ? Since we came into the comp 10 years ago, participation rates on the Gold Coast have skyrocketed and there now isnt enough ovals for players playing football…

Why do people always throw hate on us and want us to move? We have loyal passionate members and supporters and no one ever gives those people a thought when they continue to throw us up as an option to move. I have had a gutful of this.

1 Like

Because it’s fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Well I don’t think it is fun at all. I think it is disgusting really

1 Like

Just try it out in some of the other threads - talk about how the NRL could move the Knights to be the second Brisbane team or to Perth, and then how the Sixers are the only Sydney team that matter in the BBL, and then top it off by saying how great the GWS Giants are as the only true Sydney team compared to old washed up South Melbourne.

2 Likes