AFL

If the Suns beat the Bulldogs this week I am going to say they will make the finals. They have all their remaining games in QLD (maybe bar the NT game). They also still have teams like Essendon, North, St Kilda, Hawthorn and Carlton which are very winnable games. If they won most of those games and the Bulldogs that would take them to at least 9 wins which would be enough to make the 8. They also could win games like GWS who are not in great form. It is shaping to be a very interesting season.

3 Likes

Thanks mate

Welcome back Robbie Gray.

Melbourne continued it’s winning streak over hawthorn, annihilating the hawks By 43 points at Giants stadium. Hawthorn have wasted opportunities, missed chances of goal. In fact, hawthorn have never won at Giants stadium. Why was it so hard for the hawks to win at that venue?

1 Like

They’ve only played there five times and missed out on the early Giants games when they were easy beats.

2 Likes

Still they should have beaten Melbourne or come a lot closer than they did today. Hawthorn are all kinds of a mess.

1 Like

You come down off your high yet @turdall? That was a seriously good conversion from him too, not an easy shot

1 Like

Look it was a good win. And a win after the siren is always a great moment. But still for a team wanting to be a serious finals contender you would expect a more convincing performance. As for the game I swore a lot at my computer in the last 5 minutes. And when Todd Marshall missed that shot 10 metres out I nearly slammed it down and thought it wasn’t their day. Robbie Gray has been well off his best this year and I did question whether he should be dropped but that just confirmed why you have him in your team. Not many other players could convert from them at any point during the game let alone with the last kick of the game.

But to answer your question I won’t come off my high horse until Saturday. I will enjoy that win all week and smile every time I see that last kick for goal (like I still do with the winning goal against st Kilda a few years back by Robbie Gray).

2 Likes

As a Melbourne supporter I’ll agree with the second sentence. Don’t underestimate the Demons this season.

1 Like

West coast eagles have won western derby 51 after smashing Fremantle by 30 points at OPtus stadium. The Fremantle dockers fumbled and missed opportunities on goal. Fremantle have not won western derby since round 3, 2015.In addition to this, dockers have never won a derby at Optus stadium. AS an eagles fan, why is it very hard for Fremantle to win Derby match?

I don’t think I am. They are a tease. I have watched every game of theirs this year. They have been good in patches but failed to be clean and skilful when it matters. If they play finals I would be surprised

Did you not think they were clean and skillful today?

They were really good today. And it was enjoyable to watch them. But then I think Hawthorn have real issues as well. They are very old, very slow and lack real depth. So it’s hard to judge. Other weeks though I have struggled to watch them. They are a team that can play really exciting football for 10 minutes and then the next 10 minutes play really ugly football. I also don’t think Simon Goodwin is the right coach for them.

3 Likes

Play all the time
Gill wants to play all the time, play all the time, ooh hoo
Play all the time, he wants to play all the time
Play all the time

Can not wait for footy every day! GWS and Sydney off to WA next. I wonder why they didn’t keep Collingwood and Geelong to play either Carlton or Hawthorn (which ever one they didn’t play).

1 Like

And I cannot wait for it to be more advantageous (for the first time ever) to be an AFL fan in Queensland than it is in Victoria. My Cats play three games at the Gabba - reckon I might try and get along to at least a couple

5 Likes

Why the hell is the Sydney derby being held in WA? I know we’re inching closer and closer to lockdown but seriously…

3 Likes

I’m assuming they don’t want West Coast or Fremantle to travel again.