AFL

Yes I am Jeff! Terrific news for our club. Being on a Thursday night prime time on Channel Seven nationwide is fantastic as we continue to grow as a football club! Thank you AFL! Thank you Channel Seven!

2 Likes

Interesting a Monday game in the West

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but for some reason, the Gold Coast v Bulldogs game is a Foxtel game

https://twitter.com/AFL_House/status/1282587336929239042

1 Like

OMG… I am about to flip it…

Why on earth is Foxtel covering the game when Thursday Nights are always on free to air??? This is a chance for our club to grow on the national stage but the VFL cough cough AFL choose to first strip us (understandably given the current situation) of the Carlton FTA match but doesn’t make it up with another FTA game for us??

AFL and Channel Seven please explain yourselves…

3 Likes

Because it’s Gold Coast :joy:

1 Like

The AFL also announced that Carlton and Hawthorn would join Geelong and Collingwood at the Perth hub at the conclusion of Round 8. The Blues and the Hawks would clash in Round 9.

2 Likes

Port Adelaide get their first game at Adelaide Oval for the season.

Showdown?

1 Like

Haha I forgot all about that

Is this really true?

Yes that is really true.

2 Likes

QLD really pushing for the Grand Final in QLD. It would be pretty fair to host it at Metricon considering teams have played most games there (or will have). Would also mean if Port Adelaide got there that they would be suited (not that I am thinking about my own interests at all)

1 Like

7news website is reporting that under an expanded Queensland hub, matches could be played at Cazaly Stadium in Cairns, and Riverway Stadium in Townsville.

3 Likes

That would be great for the AFL and regional QLD.

1 Like

Media briefing at 2pm

I take it this includes the Sydney teams?

No doubt if there are any players or family members who don’t see out their quarantine in a hotel (al la Dannii Minogue) 7 News will be all over the story :wink:

1 Like

The AFL plans to cram all remaining games in the next 10 weeks. Meaning clubs will need to play 11 games in 10 weeks and Melbourne and Essendon 12 in 10.

1 Like