AFL

Who says they don’t? They have quite a bit of depth in their side and could use this opportunity to blood more youth. And honestly who cares about the minor premiership. They are a force and I wouldn’t ride them off.

I expect us to lose 2 of the next 4 so we won’t be any better than 3-3. Things should be fine long term though given our last 7 matches are all at the MCG! How we managed that I have no idea!!

Boy I don’t like writing off teams but Sydney just look flat. They don’t chase, they don’t tackle and they are just so sloppy. I feel like I am watching a bottom 4 team. I am starting to think it might be a long year for Sydney.

Here’s hoping one of those is against Port.

Do people want to write off Sydney yet?
Season might only get tougher for the Swans, the coach John Longmire and the players.

They look so slow. Although they have gone 0-6 before and made the finals. I will wait until they are 0-7 to write them off.

1 Like

A combination of a crap playing style and even crappier umpiring.

He should definitely be removed from the media. His empathetic apologies are too common.

You can basically set your watch by an Eddie McGuire inappropriate comment. Just fires off without thinking

And honestly, who gives a toss about the toss anyway? Provided a coin falls on the ground on one side does it even matter? Seriously…

1 Like

I agree, the visiting team should be given the choice of which direction they want to run in the first quarter.

I agree with you completely. But telling that to my parents who are eagles supporters don’t understand the hurt and significants racism and certain works to describe Indigenous people in a negative light has on the first owners of the land was a waste of time , however they did agree that saying it to their face or even in general would be appropriate. My mum is an immigrant so she doesn’t understand the whole Australian history, which I’m helping her understand because I had to learn it in school and obviously to get familiar with it again as a youth worker working with young people from an indigenous background. Before anyone says it the old folks have double standards…lol

Was all the late starts to the games today for the benefit of the AFLW Grand Final? I assume that it was meant to be on a Saturday rather than a Sunday but due to the Crows hosting it they had to move it to the Sunday as the Port game was occupying Adelaide Oval?

Spot on, although they did decide on tomorrow’s date a couple of weeks ago before Adelaide were confirmed as hosting the match.

1 Like

The Port Adelaide v Carlton was being held on a Saturday afternoon and they don’t want to clash with the AFLW GF on Saturday. Otherwise it would cause chaos with the scheduling. Obviously, they can’t play at Alberton because there’s the Port Adelaide headquarters and would be completely dumb to host at the venue. They have to stick with Adelaide Oval.
Now, Sunday’s Grand Final between Adelaide v Carlton Women will be huge. They need to mark the AFLW GF on the grass at Adelaide Oval. Tomorrow, will be huge and I am expecting about 25k for the Grand Final. Two years ago, the AFLW GF between Lions and Crows was played at Gold Coast to coincide with the Brisbane-Gold Coast men’s match.

1 Like

Source?
I’ll be polite and say that this isn’t the case at all in the slightest.

The Port Adelaide v Carlton match was scheduled after the AFLW fixture was released in late October last year. The AFL didn’t expect that venue clash would occur after the Crows made it to the AFLW finals. Next year the league may have to introduce a floating fixture for the final round of AFLW regular season, so that potential finalists will play on Friday or Saturday and get a seven-day break before the finals, thus the AFLW Grand Final will be held on a Saturday as well.

Wow, just wow. Sums up Essendon at the moment.

1 Like

They were released less than a week apart. As for what was scheduled first, you would have to ask the AFL as released and scheduled don’t mean the same thing.
My point was that the PP v Car game was never scheduled for Saturday afternoon, which is what was claimed.
Not sure what you’re suggesting by requiring a floating last round? The only team of the 4 that made the finals that didn’t get at least a 7 day was Carlton, which would have been easily fixed by playing the 2 finals around the other way.
As for the AFL not expecting the ‘venue clash’ (like it is even a thing), that’s merely something that’s been invented recently to justify the timeslot.

Melbourne demons had a dreadful day at GMHBA stadium where they played terribly against Geelong. The 80-point loss was the biggest loss that coach Simon Goodwin has suffered and he will be extremely unhappy. The demons were contenders for the flag but I feel that they have lost form since their preliminary final exit last year. I would think this game is dreadfully lopsided and boring. If you’re a demon fan, walk away.

It’s round 2. Get a grip. What a fair-weather supporter you must be.

3 Likes

I was at the game and I certainly don’t think Melbourne were anywhere near as bad as the scoreline suggests, and I think their supporters should take heart from their players not giving up even when it was a lost cause in the final quarter.

2 Likes