AFL

This team will win a premiership. Maybe not this year but In the next 2-5 years they will.

1 Like

The same was said about GWS.

Two very different sides, clubs and cultures.

Not sure who everyone is for the footytips competition but here is the leaderboard after the first round.

Turdall 6
Brettski1234 6
sammy123 5
from outside fifty 5
Daniel Braid 5
Johnson 4
stmookeyj 4
Bacco 3
Lucas 3

If you still want to be part of the tipping competition just access the link above. Or you can send me a private message with proof of your tips for the week and score

1 Like

Although I didnā€™t do the footytips competition this year, I only had 5 right. (I accidentally tipped Carlton over Richmond!)

Bad round of injuries with three players out for the year after rupturing anterior cruciate ligament in Round 1: Richmondā€™s Alex Rance, Adelaideā€™s Tom Doedee and North Melbourneā€™s Ed Vickers-Willis.

1 Like

Was a tough week for tipping, rare for 6 to be a high score

2 Likes

boss came into my office on friday and asked if i could go to the melbourne office this week. I had no issues with that so he booked me to go down Wed - Fri. I was hoping to stay until Sat night so i could go to a game of footy, only to check the fixture to see that Richmond is playing Collingwood on thursday night - so i def got a ticket for that. looking forward to it

1 Like

You donā€™t have to be an Eagles fan to get behind this

8 Likes

This is great to see. There are huge issues around this area within the supporters of West Coast and it should have been something they stood for about 5 years ago. But this is a positive step.

Iā€™d say itā€™s more of an issue League-wide no matter which one of the 18 teams you barrack for, and has sadly been becoming more frequent in recent years across various player attacks and insults. This effort to make people aware and show it is not acceptable in any form is nice to see.

2 Likes

Yet it was a better game than at least 3 others, 2 of which were on national TV (Friday Night, Sunday Afternoon).

Really? I couldnā€™t watch the whole game I found the skill errors to be very poor! I also didnā€™t watch the whole of the GWS and Essendon game but at least one team in that game was good.

Pretty good odds for ladder leader after four rounds for Brisbane. I think they have a very good chance to go 4-0.

The Richmond v Collingwood match being played last night at the MCG was interesting. Following last yearā€™s Preliminary Final loss to Collingwood, Richmond suffered another big loss to Collingwood at the MCG. Without Alex Rance (due to season-ending injury), the game was gone for Richmond. The Pies were in good form, and want to be more competitive this year following last yearā€™s heartbreak to the West Coast in the Grand Final. Richmond could be out of top 2 but still be in hunt for top 4.

Scans this morning revealed Richmondā€™s Jack Riewoldt has ruptured a ligament in his wrist and also has a small undisplaced fracture of his radius bone during last nightā€™s match, and is set to miss four weeks. With Rance out for the season, and Houli and Riewoldt injured, the Tigers will struggle over the next two months but should still make the top eight.

Why we riding a team off after 2 games? There is still 20 more games to go.

1 Like

WHat i am saying is that Richmond can falter during Anzac Eve when they face Melbourne and this is going to be a bit tough for Damien Hardwick and for the players.

They can but they could do the oppositeā€¦ Donā€™t ride a team off after 2 games when they are 1-1. They were with the Pies most of the night. Its not like they lost by 10 goals.

This is similar to last year where Richmond were 1-1 after 2 rounds and then went on to win minor premiership. But what Iā€™m saying is that they need more key players.