AFL

Which stand did you sit during the match.

Luckily under cover in the Players Stand (which is where the cheer squad is for reference).

I am so lost but I did watch the Port v Carlton game yesterday afternoon (Saturday afternoon)

Just walk away Frankie :joy:

It was 4.40pm local time start, according to the AFL itā€™s a twilight match. There were no day matches yesterday, none were ever scheduled, thatā€™s the point.

I see. I just donā€™t think he worded himself that well. But I believe he was pretty much saying what I pointed out above.

Youā€™re both wrong thenā€¦

Well you canā€™t really be wrong when you are asking a question can youā€¦ obviously you havenā€™t read my post.

And instead of being on your high horse perhaps you could then tell me why all the games yesterday started so late since you are the expert.

Edit: after some research of my own this article says the Saturday games were tailored for a Grand Final on the Saturday

I think you might owe an apology mate.

An apology for being right? Ok then.
I said, at the very start, that the reason why there was no AFL game scheduled yesterday afternoon was because the expectation was that the AFLW Grand Final would be held yesterday afternoon (like the previous two years).
I originally pointed out that the Port v Carlton game was never scheduled for Saturday afternoon, which was the point I was saying wasnā€™t correct.
Iā€™m on no high horse, Iā€™d already explained why the footy was on when it was on.
Iā€™m still trying to work out how this got to be 15ish posts.

This is exactly what everyone has said. So why are you going on like everyone was wrong. Iā€™m very confused by your posts. Saying someone was wrong because they said afternoon instead of twilight was too picky.

It wasnā€™t actually 15 posts it was clarified in 3 and you have brought it up about 14 posts later when it had been clarified anyway.

Anywho moving onā€¦

Itā€™s not, example:

Alright, weā€™ll just let inaccuracies continue. Its on the fixture as a twilight game. Sorry for actually correcting a mistake.
I only brought it back up because you suggested I needed to apologise when I was actually right and had said so initially. Remember this all stemmed from:

Iā€™m more than done with this now bud.

1 Like

Umpiring is shockingā€¦

You were a bit off 53,000 fans at Adelaide Oval. Incredible. Bigger than the Port Adelaide v Carlton game and pretty much every Port Adelaide game last year.

The atmosphere was electric and it even smashed Port Adelaideā€™s match record home crowd at Adelaide oval.
I think that next year the State of Origin NRL will be played in Adelaide oval and can you imagine what it would look like having 56000 at The match?

Did it? I think the 2017 showdown between the Power and Crows got 53,600. Which was actually higher. As was the showdown in 2015 against the Crows in Round 16 which got over 53,500. Both Port home games.

56,000? Pretty sure capacity is roughly 53,500. Not sure they will get 56,000 in.

1 Like

But Port Adelaide v Adelaide had 54k in 2015 which was the highest afl attendance in Adelaide oval since its reconfiguration and this has exceeded 100% of capacity

Yeah some do have in excess of that but not the extent of 3,500 thousand people. You couldnā€™t fit 6,000 on that hill.

And just to clarify 53,583 is the capacity at Adelaide oval. 50,000 is seated.
With State of origin coming to Adelaide in 2020 expect a record crowd with more than 55000 people turning to the match

I donā€™t expect that as I said capacity is 53,500 is capacity. They wonā€™t be getting more than that.

But what Iā€™m saying Is that there will be Abour 5000 people standing on The grass to watch the game. They need extra seating at the front to boost numbers

Actually it didnā€™t, fell 484 short of Port Adelaideā€™s record home crowd. Anyway, odd to compare it to a club who doesnā€™t even have an AFLW team.