AFL broadcast rights 2025-2031

6 Likes

I highly doubt that if it is 642 million a year.

1 Like

Things really would have different if CBS and Viacom never merged :frowning:

Im disappointed that there will be no change in who broadcasts the AFL - I wish Nine bid higher

6 Likes

Correct . Viacom ruined 10

6 Likes

“Hey everyone! I’ve been working for the last few hours but am on break, did I miss anythi-”

:flushed:

Wow! :scream:

While I am disappointed that the time for a change in broadcaster obviously won’t be happening for a long time to come, congratulations to Seven and Foxtel for coming out on top after months of constantly changing rumours and speculation.

I had a feeling it would remain the same, as did we all, given their experience and reach over the decades of producing coverage.

Hopefully the dollar price will be reflected when the extension takes place in three years time.

9 Likes

Also heard on Nine Radio News the deal was $600m per year.

According to the Newscorp articles a blow to Stan - unable to broadcast NRL or AFL?

Fox have subscription NRL rights thru 2027.

3 Likes
1 Like

So when does the Cricket Broadcast Rights thread start? :thinking:

I ask that question like I do to Coles the day after Christmas; where are the hot cross buns? :thinking:

1 Like

I think it would be impossible to go to every game each week

4 Likes

There is a thread on this topic but is currently locked.
https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/australian-cricket-tv-broadcast-rights-2024-25-and-beyond/15854

3 Likes

It looks like Telstra has retained digital rights for the same duration as the new broadcast deal, without a competing bid.

2 Likes

After 7 finish suing CA.

Let’s hope they sue the AFL as well so they can show their true colors. Either that or they paid overs for a silly rights package that actually does nothing for the fans or actually allow them to attract more advertising. They are basically a minor rights holder when they’re beholden to Fox.

1 Like

7 won’t be able to afford cricket or tennis. 10/P for cricket is likely

2 Likes

4 Likes

Not really a productive exercise for them especially when they agreed to the deals. Them suing won’t work in their favours.

Do wonder if it was any coincidence they had custom printed Sherrins ready to go… :thinking:

4 Likes
4 Likes

At least the same number of FTA games

2 Likes