ABC TV Plus - Programs and Schedules

Kids watch stuff on streaming more though. The BBC is switching the terrestrial CBBC off soon.

I first saw the time change on TV Tonight website this morning. It was mentioned as part of the ABC’s response to the website’s annual multichannel survey.

I am not sure if the ABC has started promoting the time change on TV yet.

1 Like

Kids are such rebels these days. They must have invented staying up late. :crazy_face:

6.30pm programming for ABC Plus week commencing 1 January

Sunday to Saturday is:
6:30pm Spicks And Specks
7:00pm Spicks And Specks

Riveting stuff; schedule continues into February.

4 Likes

Won’t somebody think of the children :scream:

3 Likes

It was renewed for a second season in October by the BBC, for a 2023 broadcast.

What’s the point in extending TV Plus to an earlier hour if this is all they’re doing :confused:

4 Likes

Wreck will also be shown on the main channel Sundays commencing 1 January.

ABC Me I’d understand, not sure what time that one goes until currently but ABC Kids is for the little kids and 7:30 is fine… was fine. Easy to say to mine “bedtime after Bluey”

Only just found out about it myself from a post on their Facebook page. Haven’t seen anything on air about it.

🥱 Fancy an earlier bedtime, parents? 😴 From 1 January 2023, ABC Kids on channel 22 will finish at 6.30pm. You can get all your favourite ABC Kids shows any time on ABC iview or the ABC Kids app 🧸💖

1 Like

Octonauts: Great Barrier Reef

Sunday, January 8 at 5.05pm

The Octonauts are an adventure team who explore the world’s oceans, rescue the creatures who live there and protect their habitats – above and below the waves (from the rainforests of the Amazon to the deepest depths of the Midnight Zone).

Captain Barnacles Bear, ex-pirate Kwazii Cat, medic Peso Penguin and the rest of the crew fearlessly dive into action, deploying a fleet of aquatic vehicles, including their Octopus-shaped home-base, the Octopod.
In this musical special, the Octonauts must find a way to hold back hungry swarms of coral-eating starfish to save a new friend’s fragile reef home.

Production credit: Director, Blair Simmons. Writer, Stephanie Simpson. Executive producers, Kurt Mueller, Adam Idelson, Stephanie Simpson.

1 Like

Lucy Worsley: Agatha Christie Mystery Queen

Lucy Worsley turns her historian’s powers of investigation onto the mysterious figure of Agatha Christie. Over the course of 3 hour-long episodes, Lucy uncovers the story of one of the most famous – and complex – women of the 20th century.

ABC Me currently closes for the day at around 11pm, although on some nights child-friendly programming ends at 9.30pm followed by repeats of rage.

2 Likes

Its 34mins since 6:30pm, did anyone see ABC Kids transition into ABC TV Plus at 6:29pm.

Yes - there was a goodnight to kids at 6:30 then a welcome to ABC Plus

3 Likes

Why do they still close ABC tv plus at 12am? Why not run it all the way through until 4am when the ABC kids channel starts.

Budget.

Change to schedule - change over at 7pm from 6 Feb

ABC Kids/ABC TV Plus programming

This month ABC Kids channel programming has been shifting to ABC TV Plus programs at 6.30pm.

After monitoring audience feedback we have decided to change the ABC TV Plus start time to 7pm, effective from Monday February 6.

Audience research indicates our co-viewing family audience grows around this time and is best served by bringing programs like Spicks and Specks forward in the schedule.

You can still watch your favourite ABC Kids programs on ABC iview and in the ABC Kids app, anytime and anywhere.

3 Likes

so basically reverting back to their original 7 pm time slot?

Yes, it looks like its going back to its original 7pm finish (of ABC Kids). It was pushed back to 7.30pm i think a year ago. At least they tried something different with the 6.30pm finish, by and having the Spicks and Specks double on.

they might have had a better response if they didn’t just fill that “extra” hour of ABC TV Plus with more Spicks and Specks.

2 Likes