ABC TV Plus - Programs and Schedules

That, i totally agree with. It was lazy programming with that extra Spicks and Specks episodes airing. But it is what it is, i guess.

1 Like

Been enjoying the Spicks and Specks doubles, but it’s far from the most creative programming choice.

30 minutes of rage at 7pm will do nicely instead :wink:

That’s what many families around the country have had the past few weeks while they made that change to 6:30 swap over.

2 Likes

I noticed ABC Plus was playing I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (1998) in prime time last night. Was surprised to see a horror-thriller and from a studio on the ABC, even if this channel targets a younger audience.

One of the best ever titles, yet one of the worst ever sequels.

Adam Hills: The Last Leg - Season 27

Tuesday 31 January 8:30 PM

Guest Lucy Beaumont, Richard Ayoade and Angela Rayner.
Repeat on ABC TV on Wednesday 10:15pm

1 Like

This is the last night of the 6:30pm startup of ABC TV Plus

Was there a transition between ABC Kids/TV Plus at 7pm tonight?

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but from February 13, 2023, ABC Kids programming will switch back to finishing at 7:30pm, when ABC TV Plus takes over LCN 22.

1 Like

Source: ABC Kids programming | About the ABC

1 Like

So one week later they’ve pushed it back again? Jeez

2 Likes

ABC Kids and TV Plus should break off and both become 24 hour stations (7:30pm can be Kids channels shut off time).

1 Like

That was a quick decision to revert it from 7pm to 7.30pm.

Spicks and Specks repeats is back at 7.30pm. With other programming starting at 8pm. I liked the idea of having variety at 7.30pm. But i guess that has now changed.

1 Like

However, we consider the disruption to families significant enough to revert to 7.30pm, effective from Monday February 13. We’d like to thank everyone who has provided feedback.

2 Likes

Terrible angle here.

Antic isn’t “failing to realise” anything: his primary goal is to spew defamatory, hateful bile towards the LGBTIQA+ community and push our politics closer to the division seen in the US.

The takeaway is that far right-adjacent bigotry continues to be tolerated by the South Australian Liberal Party; the same party that gave us Corey Bernardi.

4 Likes

I agree, it also abusing the common attitude for the general public to avoid taking any personal responsibility. TV ratings are pretty clear, and stations have clear guidelines to follow about the times they can schedule content with certain ratings. All of this is well established and known about in government policy.

That said, I don’t think the shared branding of the channel helps. Just keep the channel name ABC TV Plus all day. People are still going to be able to find Bluey.

2 Likes

I think David at TV Tonight absolutely understood that and let the quotes speak for themselves rather than spelling it out for his readers.

Neighbours star Alan Fletcher, who is currently in the UK as part of the show’s Celebration Tour, is special guest on the season finale of Adam Hills: The Last Leg. It will be shown on ABC TV Plus on Tuesday (March 21) at 8.30pm.

1 Like

Louis Theroux Interviews

From Sunday April 09 8:30pm

Filmmaker, journalist and podcaster Louis Theroux embarks on a series of intimate one-on-one interviews with a fascinating mixture of iconic names and famous faces.

In the first episode, Louis spends time with platinum selling rapper Stormzy. After two years out of the spotlight, Stormzy welcomes Louis into his home in South West London to sit down for a frank and revealing conversation that covers many aspects of his life; from his childhood to the breakdown of a high-profile relationship, and the pressures that come with being one of the country’s best loved musicians and role models. Louis meets Stormzy at a transformative stage of his life.

After an illustrious career that has seen him transform from social media rapper to Glastonbury headliner, Stormzy reflects on the highs and lows of his journey so far, whilst looking forward to the release of a new album and working to become the artist and the man he wants to be.

We also see Louis join Stormzy backstage in Glasgow on the last night of his sold out nationwide arena tour, watching him perform to thousands of excited fans. He attends Stormzy’s weekly Christian worship meeting and is introduced to sister Rachael and mum Abigail where they discuss Stormzy’s deepening relationship with God. Finally Louis hangs out with Stormzy and his team of musicians in the studio as they put the finishing touches to his yet to be released new album.