ABC TV Plus - Programs and Schedules

4 Likes

ABC Comedy is dead. It will be rebranded as ABC TV Plus in 2021 and offer a broader range of programming.

9 Likes

Good move but does need to have TV in the channel name? Strange.
ABC Plus would do.

5 Likes

Where did you find this one out?

Probably announced at the 2021 Upfronts event.

It’s finally this channel gets a new name to allow for more flexible programming including perhaps live sport.

2 Likes

ABC TV Plus

(Formerly ABC Comedy)

Launching January 1st and airing from 7.30pm to 2am daily on channel 22 on your digital TV, channel 134 on Foxtel or channel 126 on Optus, our newly-rebranded secondary channel ABC TV Plus will celebrate Australian culture and content every night of the week. Complemented by an exciting suite of international shows, ABC TV Plus will cater for all Australians with diverse new programs, from Saturday stand-up comedians to primetime premieres of religion, science and natural history documentaries, along with the best of the arts – three nights a week. ABC TV Plus will warm the heart, challenge the mind and tickle the funny bone, with the premiere of new comedy series Why are You Like This? , which follows three 20-something friends as they hilariously navigate life’s complexities.

5 Likes

Hi Res stacked logo from ABC

10 Likes

The Plus typeface looks very similar to 7+’s previous logo, otherwise I don’t mind the look even though the weight of Plus font is quite thin.

Edit: Now that I’ve looked again, there are a few similarities I guess like the shape of the u and the s, but if you stare at the word Plus for long enough it starts to look weird lol.

1 Like

Consider the following… ABC2.

I’ll take my consultancy fee now thanks.

9 Likes

You get 3/10ths of Sweet FA. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think the reason ABC2 wasn’t revived is because that’s a “channel number” brand. Most of those have largely been faded out in recent years in favour of brands which work better across multiple platforms and any potential transition to online-only services in the medium-long term future.

1 Like

Promo for the re-vamped channel

1 Like

No reason why a revival wouldn’t allow for an online-only transition eventually?

2 Likes

The main channel could be getting a “TV” rebrand too?

2 Likes

I have a feeling that ABC TV Plus was chosen as a brand for the future, with streaming eventually replacing the need for multi-channels. ABC TV Plus would be the Streaming Service alongside all the other Plus/+ brands.

5 Likes

Wasn’t ABC Australia known as Australia Plus a few years back?

From wikipedia:

2014–2018 – As Australia Plus
Following the closure of Australian Network, Australia Plus , a new multi-platform international service was launched on 29 September 2014 as a replacement.

1 Like

so could this be a reboot then?

1 Like

It will be interesting to see if they end up going with ABC TV and ABC TV Plus.

We may then get SBS TV and SBS TV Plus when the Viceland contract ends

1 Like