ABC News Content and Appearance

Caronavirus?

The NSW, Victoria, ACT and Tasmanian bulletins began at 7.07pm tonight after Prime Minister’s coronavirus speech and a brief discussion between David Speers and Andrew Probyn.

3 Likes

Business tonight:

1 Like

And finished at 7:35pm.

Am I the only one who notices this, but NT News also does a brief forecast about the South East Asian nations.

I imagine the viewers notice it too.

3 Likes

Queensland looks to be getting a new set. Standing presentation for the last few days, pretty good greenscreen if it was one.

Tonight Matt stood in front of the weather map and then did the sign off without cutting away.

4 Likes

Expect that presentation to last for two months, seeing as the news channel set hasn’t yet been launched.

Set still being used, Matt was only using the green screen to present the weather.

Standing presentation was used but the dull coloration of the usual rear screen can be seen.

2 Likes

Because ABC News NT is shown into those markets under the ABC Australia simulcast into Bali etc.

The Melbourne set really is excellent, but they need to work on how they frame a guest at the desk. It can look so dodgy if they don’t get it right - particularly if the portrait plasma has been moved in place for the 7pm news.

Speers was on with PK yesterday and his shot/background looked very average.

3 Likes

ABC making a few mistakes with the WA Police Commissioner being Chris Dawson not Stephen.

5 Likes

2 Likes

ABC News have added a 3pm bulletin to the main channel on weekdays.

5 Likes

Didn’t they do that back in the day of ABC News 24?

1 Like

Disappointing to see abc news using the name of the Christchurch shooter. I thought there was a pact not to.

3 Likes

In NZ there was. Didn’t know there was an agreement in Australia.

2 Likes

Still in the NSW set. Ugh.

2 Likes

And yet 1 News used his name and image in their coverage…

10 used his name too.

1 Like