ABC News (Channel)

honestly, i should not have to check a blog to see if a news channel is covering a news event - which the press conferences are

2 Likes

Has not been on the ticker - either that the media conference was on or the numbers.

Also, no live coverage of yesterday’s NRL Grand Final announcement.

These are the sorts of things viewers expect from a live news channel.

2 Likes

Planet America’s John Barron will host a one-hour special called 9/11 Stories tomorrow night (Saturday).

Twenty years after the 9/11 attacks, John Barron speaks with 20 Australians whose lives were forever changed on that fateful day. They reveal their stories of loss, love, courage, dedication and hope.

https://twitter.com/JohnBarronUSA/status/1436217259370844181

1 Like

Angela Ross is presenting News Channel this weekend.

1 Like

From Hobart? Is this the first time that ABC News Channel has been presented from Hobart?

Guy Stayner has been presenting for a few weekends aswell. Yes from Hobart.

1 Like

Afternoons on weekends have been coming from Hobart for awhile. Last could of weeks, prior to that I think Adelaide was doing it.

1 Like

Zero local coverage by ABC News Channel of today’s Qld news conference. Also no coverage on main channel. No news ticker or on screen advice. Same program Insiders showing on 2 channels.

9/11 coverage

3 Likes

Sunday 12 September -
Johanna Nicholson is presenting at midday.

2 Likes

TV guide showing Micheal Tetlow presenting Afternoons next week -

Also Matt Wordsworth presented today from Brisbane -

5 Likes

Saturday 18 September -
Craig Allen is presenting ABC Regional News from Canberra.

1 Like

And Emma Rebellato in Adelaide on the afternoon shift.

2 Likes

News Channel just crashed out of the hugely important Victorian road map press conference… to run a repeat of Foreign Correspondent???

2 Likes

Main channel stayed until 1:56 then into the studio with Cameron Best to recap at least.

And yet they stay with every mundane NSW update until the very last question. Hopeless.

2 Likes

What’s happened to Ros Childs?

I only tune in and out of ABC News Channel but I thought she anchored from 12-3pm?

She seems to be there some days, then disappears other days. Has she cut back her role?

The ABC are sharing roles between multiple states and switching shifts in case of an outbreak in the studio.

Joe also has a few days off a week too now.

Come to think of it, it doesn’t really make too much sense. If they’re keeping the whole News Breakfast
Team on their normal roles and the 7pm team, why only the day team are they doing this?

4 Likes

Louise Ransome does the sport from her home(?) too - every day she makes me wonder whether the decent collection of sports memorabilia in the background is hers or it’s from the ABC

I’ve also wondered whether Sue Lannin is appearing remotely as well

2 Likes

Maybe there’s a staff cap in Ultimo and given other operations for things like 702, RN, JJJ, NSW 7pm it’s stretched? Or the NC has particularly cramped control rooms which makes it hard for an all day operation?

Either way, it’s shown a decentralised NC can work and they should permanently move a couple of shifts to other cities. Lunch, Afternoons and Evenings could easily come from any state (ideally with a one of the new sets).

Mornings with Joe is precious though :smiling_face:

2 Likes