ABC News (Channel)

Monday & Tuesday -
Gemma Veness presenting News at Five today.

2 Likes

I thought they killed the News 24 branding…
nnews24

5 Likes

How has this video not blown up yet?

2 Likes

Sarah Dingle has been presenting The Drum for the past couple of days. She will be presenting for the rest of the week.

Peter van Onselen presented all of last week.

3 Likes

(Just realised I posted to the wrong thread but good enough)
ABC News Vic stuff up- We are getting NSW news for the night.

4 Likes

That technical problem also affected The World on ABC News later that night, causing it to be replaced by a Sydney bulletin.

4 Likes

Exclusive: Planet America to air interview with Rob Goldstone

Friday 12 October at 9pm

ABC’s Planet America has an exclusive on air interview with the man who found himself at the centre of Trump-Russia, Rob Goldstone.

Goldstone is the accidental opportunist of the Trump Russia scandal. He was everywhere. He lined up the now infamous Trump Tower meeting and sat there as a Russian lawyer offered dirt on the Democrats to Donald Trump Jr, Jared Kushner and campaign chairman Paul Manafort. Goldstone also booked the Moscow hotel room where Russia may or may not have obtained “kompromat” on Donald Trump during the 2013 Miss Universe competition.

Goldstone has spoken to Mueller, a Grand Jury, House and Senate investigators, and now Planet America !

Does he think President Trump knew about and approved of the meeting offering dirt on Hillary Clinton?

Could the “pee tape” be real?

Will this scandal be the end of the Trump Presidency?

The exclusive interview goes to air at 9pm on Planet America on Friday 12th October. The full interview will also air at 11.30am and 11.30pm Saturday 13th October, and 4.30am Sunday 14th October on ABC News and iview.

Hendo’s last bulletin was also shown on ABC News but they cut to ABC News and not ABC News NSW.

3 Likes

Now second last. :smiley:

8 Likes

And the 11pm bulletin on 24 was replaced by the Late Edition news.

3 Likes

Camera blooper during sport on the 3pm news.

5 Likes

Wow…

1 Like

The Drum hosts this week -

Monday - Wednesday
Peter van Onselen.

Thursday & Friday
Julia Baird.

1 Like

ABC NEWS special edition: Wentworth By-Election

From 6pm AEDT on Saturday 20th October

Triggered by the resignation of Malcolm Turnbull, the October 20 by-election for the eastern Sydney seat of Wentworth is shaping up as a major electoral test for Prime Minister Scott Morrison and his Government’s grip on an outright majority in the House of Representatives.

Always considered a jewel among long-held Liberal seats, Wentworth has never been held by a non-conservative candidate, but this weekend’s poll brings a very real threat of an end to that tradition.

Mr Turnbull’s personal popularity, which built up a safe margin of 17 percent counts for nothing, as Liberal candidate Dave Sharma fends off a charge from Independent Kerryn Phelps, Labor’s Tim Murray and preferences from the field of 13 other candidates.

Join the ABC’s comprehensive live news coverage from 6PM AEST, co-hosted by national affairs correspondent Greg Jennett and NSW Political Reporter Brigid Glanville with with election analyst Antony Green. Viewers can expect Antony Green’s minute by minute assessments of the result in the 9th and probably final by-election of the current Parliament.

We’ll also have Trent Zimmerman from the coalition and Linda Burney from the Labor party to discuss the fallout of the result.

• ABC NEWS on radio will be providing comprehensive coverage, in the lead up to Saturday’s poll, on ABC radio and RN.

• On Sunday, Insiders host Barrie Cassidy will be joined by Peter van Onselen, Fran Kelly and Dennis Atkins to analyse the by-election result and what it means for the government.

ABC NEWS Wentworth coverage airs from 6pm on Saturday, 20th October on ABC NEWS and iview.

Shocking picture quality tonight.

Lorna Dunkley presenting on News 24 tonight. She’s far better than the usual presenters.

3 Likes

They seem to be using the ‘side on’ background loop this afternoon rather than the conventional one.

New ABC role for Stan Grant

Stan Grant will take up the new role of Indigenous and International Affairs Analyst with the ABC at the end of the year after announcing his appointment as Professor of Global Affairs at Griffith University.

Grant joins Griffith University in December, after his ABC NEWS channel program Matter of Fact finishes its run.

Said Grant: “This is a fascinating and in many respects troubling time in our world, and this is the right move at the right time for me in my career and life.

“It is great to be able to combine my academic work with an ongoing media role. I value my relationship with the ABC and, while I’m stepping away from daily presenting, I look forward to being able to continue to write and comment on international news across all ABC platforms, building on the base we have created this year with Matter of Fact .

“It’s an important conversation to keep going with the Australian public both through my work at Griffith and my appearances on the ABC.”

Gaven Morris, Director ABC NEWS, said: “Stan has made a terrific contribution to the ABC as a presenter, a writer and a key voice in our coverage of Indigenous and Asia-Pacific issues, and Matter of Fact has done a great job providing thought-provoking context and insight to world events.

“We are delighted to keep Stan as part of our team. He will have an important ongoing role with the ABC contributing across our broadcast and digital platforms.”

More information will be released on the ABC NEWS channel’s 2019 schedule in coming weeks.

2 Likes

Does he ever stay put at one place for a while without changing something… I feel that he been to pretty much every network (maybe an exaggeration) but it sure feels that way.

3 Likes

The press release doesn’t say Matter of Fact will be axed. It may get a new host.