ABC News (Channel)

Watching the news bulletin on ABC News 24 it was so stupid that they had an inset with LIVE vision of the hurricane in Miami when it was just somebody sitting in a car and pointing the camera at some palm trees in the wind and the windscreen wipers cleaning the windows every now and again. :roll_eyes:

How pointless was that? It just made you miss part of the images from other stories on the news. What a joke!

3 Likes

Emergency Warning on flipper:

6 Likes

Looks decent, but they still haven’t fixed that clock, which still looks as ugly as f**k.

8 Likes

hemp is now being used as a sustainable building material

bushfire emergency warning

:thinking:

hope they’re safe though.Warning would look better if it was more distinctive than the breaking news version

4 Likes

They should try moving the numbers so they sit directly under NEWS. The smaller AEST can be squished up and sit under the logo.

Disappointing that it looks like N24 can’t be bothered to do anything for one of NZ’s most interesting and close elections in a decade this weekend. A few elections ago they screened TVOne’s coverage with breakaways to Antony Green.

ABC News has extended coverage of NZ election from 6pm AEST (8pm NZT) tomorrow.

In house or simulcast of TVOne?

Well it is the Australian Broadcasting Corperation, so I don’t think they really need to go overboard with there coverage.

1 Like

And how many tens of thousands of Kiwis live here? And NZ of course is a vital trading partner, far bigger than Indonesia. Saturday night is also normally pretty quiet on N24 so it makes sense to do something.

1 Like

Good question but hardly as relevant to the 24million Australians here though.

So should they be covering Italian, Greek, Chinese elections in detail because of the high expat population here?

Yeah who cares, might as well run the dull Saturday night schedule with hours old news as usual.

NZ is just a little closer to Australia than Greece. The day China has an election I expect the Australian media to cover it quite closely! Along with the rest of the world’s media!

And the day New Zealand becomes a state of Australia, Australians might be interested in their elections. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Can’t people get that NZ information from the internet? I’m sure stories and updates through the night would be enough.

Then watch Sky News that actually feeds into New Zealand.

I think there should be some report of the election in NZ but not extended coverage. You don’t see Sky News UK Covering the Australian election in depth nor Fox News USA

Quick question, did the NZ TV networks covered the Federal Election last year?

If the answer is no, then I agree that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation probably wouldn’t run NZ election coverage like the Federal Election.

That’s because we’re a drop in the ocean, a million miles away and not a huge trading partner. Wellington is closer to Canberra than Perth, NZ trade is a decent chunk of our trade, we have a large Kiwi population here and it’s happening on a very quiet News time. It would be a cheap and easy way to have some interesting live news on the channel at what is a very quiet time of the week - but I guess people need their landline repeats!

I’m not expecting a full in house coverage by the ABC, but dropping into TVOne’s coverage after OTH headlines wouldn’t require much effort. They did exactly that in 2011.

Not last year, no but TVNZ used to. The last time they did a late night special was 2010.

Joe O’Brien this morning said they would be using TV1’s coverage and Antony Green as well.

News24 has adopted the dual presenter format tonight for rolling coverage of the Las Vegas massacre.

1 Like

ABC News Weather presenter caught out sitting on chair waiting for cross fro Joe OBrien this morning. Chair can still be seen in camera shot.

1 Like