ABC News (Channel)

News conference

1 Like

ABC News with scheduled coverage of James Comey’s testimony tonight from 12am to 3:30am AEST. No word (as far as I know) on if the coverage will be anchored out of Ultimo or whether they will be taking the BBC or Al Jazeera.

1 Like

3 Likes

Live coverage with Joanna Nicholson* in Sydney (with a studio guest) and Stephanie March in Washington until 3am.

4 Likes

Can they fix that clock already?!

2 Likes

That’s Joanna Nicholson*

1 Like

It looks like the white super is now a bit higher than the semi-transparent ABC News clock bug. They need to increase the height of the bug just a teeny bit.

Also noticed a very minor set change - the panel facing the atrium with a number of monitors on it is now white rather than blue - looks much better. IMO they should change more of the set lighting (i.e. the blue coming from the desk and raised floor and the long beams on top of the main set) to the new brand colours - ideally white and the burnt orange.

1 Like

Does anyone think it’d be a good idea to put sign language on the content that is simulcast on the main channel (like BBC News)?

No, not when captions is a click away.

2 Likes

Yeah good point. Wonder why BBC does then :astonished:

Some old fashioned clause in their charter maybe?

1 Like

Maybe, but just looked up and appearantly it can be a lot better for some deaf people! https://www.theguardian.com/film/filmblog/2008/nov/28/deaf-subtitles-sign-language-film

I can remember Seven’s 11AM having a someone doing sign language back in the 1970s. Were there any other Australian news services that provided sign language before Teletext became widely used?

See 1:21 on this video of SBS in 1980 where news headlines feature sign language.

6 Likes

ITV Does it from time to time…

2 Likes
9 Likes

Was wondering why ABC News Radio was broadcasting BBC World Service.

3 Likes

Neena Mairata former SBS World News presenter has joined ABC News.

2 Likes

She was very average, and they have plenty of decent talent as it is.

1 Like

Interview with Nate Byrne
Interview with Kumi Taguchi