ABC News (Channel)

Ridiculous if true.

1 Like

She has a recordā€¦

4 Likes

Jesus christ man, you made it sound like a serious offence.

5 Likes

Well I personally didnā€™t find it all that bad, but she did get in a lot of trouble over that incident.

1 Like

The report isnā€™t confirmed so hold on to your knickers everyone.

1 Like

Well if thatā€™s a disciplinary worthy offence, I bet the guy that designed the new ticker just got a little bit nervous.

4 Likes

They need to reverse this decision. Pete Helliar took the piss out of this on The Project tonight and they said it was ridiculous that she could be sacked for this. Steve Price said it was the most entertaining thing he had seen on the ABC in 20 years. :laughing:

9 Likes

Massive overreaction. Give her a warning or somethingā€¦

4 Likes

Absolutely ridiculousā€¦ #Jacketgate was far worse! why just an innocent presenter who wasnā€™t prepared gets the flick.

11 Likes

I think we all need to keep in mind that the ABC has considerably stricter standards for itā€™s newsreaders than the commercial networks.

Of course Iā€™m not saying that I agree with the decision to axe Natasha Exelby, but at the same time Iā€™m not overly surprised that itā€™s happened.

4 Likes

Could be more to the story, we donā€™t know what goes on behind closed doors and for all we know she could have had performance issues previously with the ABC and this was the last straw.

Understand the points in regards to possibly being over the top, but for all we know her personal file at the ABC could be full of Performance Management issues or warnings.

I donā€™t mean to be critical but she isnā€™t the most professional anchor Iā€™ve seen. Her presenting style appears well suited to shows like The Project etcā€¦

4 Likes

8 Likes

Pete Helliar tribute

6 Likes

More reactions:

9 Likes

Tacky rebrand AND now this?

Not ABCā€™s finest day

9 Likes

This would have been a modern lookā€¦ in 2003

4 Likes

ā€˜No commentā€™ from ABC regarding Exelby:

The media community seem really against this:

4 Likes

Has the ticker been gone all day? Must be having some issues with it?

1 Like

What was Michelle Guthrieā€™s punishment for her embarrassing, cringe worthy performance at that Senate Estimates hearing in February?

5 Likes

Yep. It only lasted for a bit of Breakfast this morning. Blurry and too small, so they are fixing it apparently.

1 Like