ABC News (Channel)

11 Likes

(Iā€™m not sure whether some of these comments belong in the main ABC News thread, feel free to correct me if thatā€™s the case!)

Overall, I really like it. Itā€™s simple and elegant, whilst being informative. Itā€™s everything Sky News isnā€™t, and blows it out of the water. I especially like the idents and little factoids during the breaks as well! The whole look reminds me a little of France 24 - not surprising considering a European design studio created this graphics package.

The logo is nice, although I do agree with others here in that it is squashed. That clock font is hideous, in fact I reckon it may be a makeshift clock due to issues at Mediahub, which would explain why the flipper has been MIA all day.

In summary, itā€™s a really nice refresh, and ABC News has the best look out of any news operation in the country. As for the haters on Facebook - itā€™s the ABC. Of course there are going to be people who will have a go at them over inane and stupid things and try to score political points along the way!

3 Likes

shaking my head, honestly. this does not look like ABC US.

14 Likes

Quite like the new panels but they really need to replace those white frames with bigger screens that fill the whole space. Itā€™s a shame that they arenā€™t doing a proper overhaul of the sets as part of this update.

2 Likes

3pm afternoons opener:

4 Likes

Didnā€™t they learn anything from the horrible white frame at Sunrise. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

3 Likes

Does anyone have the Updated Music?

Need a long bulletin closer for thatā€¦

Right of course. Itā€™s nice music.

1 Like

Even though theyā€™ve stated numerous times that the ABC News 24 brand doesnā€™t exist anymore, their Facebook page is still live as normal: www.facebook.com/abcnews24.au

Perhaps theyā€™re having difficulties merging the pages? The ABC News 24 Twitter has been archived.

2 Likes

Liking the new look a lot - nice and clean. The remixed music sounds great, Iā€™m glad that they kept the '05/'10 themeā€¦ always liked how it incorporates the classic three note ā€˜ABCā€™ mnemonic.

Unfortunately it looks like the concept of ā€˜countdownā€™ idents before the TOTH are gone, which is a shame. It would have been nice to see a longer sequence incorporating the new graphics/music in a similar way to the 24 countdowns, but who knows, maybe thatā€™s yet to come.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve got a 30 second clip that I might put into a video with a few of the stings later on this evening, if someone hasnā€™t already done something similar. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sweet!

How!!??? ABC News VS ABC News? I had to crop it.

5 Likes

Continuing from the list above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqkho_kOZx4&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeYlOnthb6E&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i-KlVWP5-8

1 Like

Apparently, Natasha Exelby has been banned from presenting again on the channel following this blooper

This is a crazy decision by ABC management - it was a funny moment which Natasha recovered from quickly. It wasnā€™t like she was the first newsreader/presenter this has happened to nor will she be the last. On the day where the focus should be on the relaunch, the ABC decides to create negative headlines/backlash for themselvesā€¦

11 Likes

Goodness meā€¦ overreaction much?

Virginia Trioli makes offensive gestures about Barnaby Joyce and sheā€™s still there

10 Likes

I actually feel really sorry for her nowā€¦ Massive over reaction to such a small thing.

Having said that, she does have a track record and her previous offence was probably taken into account.

5 Likes

what was her previous offence?

2 Likes