ABC News (Channel)

The ticker is stupidly small.

It would be acceptable if the channel was broadcast in HD, but it isn’t. In SD it’s very very blocky. I don’t mind the blue blip to bring up the next headline - it’s the poor quality that’s the bigger problem for me.

2 Likes

I’ve retuned my TV, and the LCN still says: ABC NEWS 24, has anyone elses changed?

On News Breakfast they did say they’ve heard the complaints about the ticket/flipper, and are working on it. It’s been gone now for a while.

5 Likes

It hasn’t changed for me either.

1 Like

General vibe is nice, but the logo, clock and ticker all look pretty terrible in SD. Surprising lack of forethought or testing there.

The bug on the channel looks a tad squished and fuzzy at the moment. I’ve been told the clock isn’t meant to look like that, it’s an issue with the playout room. It will be corrected later.

1 Like

Very blocky, and the ticker is very hard to read. Otherwise a generally the whole new look is nice though. :slight_smile:

What is this? A ticker for ants?!

5 Likes

Ticker has gone. They really need to change that clock, good lord it’s ugly.

1 Like

New panels on set too.

Anyone got caps for those of us stuck in an office? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

See ABC News

1 Like

I have been told the clock isn’t meant to look like that, it’s a glitch with the playout room. The bug itself looks a bit squished.

1 Like

Danke schön Herr Cynic :slight_smile:

First slip up from Joe - “We’ll bring you that live on ABC News 24” Going to take awhile!

4 Likes

It lives on through slip ups! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The weather coming out of Melbourne looks awful in HD.

1 Like

What’s with the floating white boxes?

Paul Kennedy today has been one of the most unengaging presenters I’ve watched in a while. I never remember him being this bad.

2 Likes