ABC News (Channel)

It’s to my understanding that both ABC News 24 and ABC NewsRadio will be branded on-air as simply “ABC News” and referred to off air as “The ABC News Channel” and “ABC News on Radio” whenever necessary.

8 Likes

Well it was ‘The Link’ - and I don’t know when it aired originally. Perhaps it was a replay of the one last week? :thinking:

Ok, so this week’s episode of The Link (episode 6) actually premiered at 2.30am, and isn’t on iview! http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/link/

Black & White & Blue is so cool - I’m really looking forward.

1 Like

Has anybody else seen this bloody hilarious blooper (from last night, I presume)?

19 Likes

News24 Ticker/Flipper has disappeared, at least for the moment…

1 Like

It’s timed, so if they go overtime with news it disappears. Back as usual now.

Was just about to respond, but the clock is still gone, but it’ll probably be back to normal in a few minutes.

1 Like

Of course that happened to Tash :joy:

8 Likes

Special farewell to News 24 at the end of the 11.30pm bulletin. Video has been posted to Facebook. I can’t seem to post it here though.

7 Likes

The final ever full “ABC News 24” bulletin at 11pm AEST did end with Louise Crealy mentioning that there’ll be a new look from tomorrow with the “24” dropped from the channel name to simply become ABC News. Rest assured that I recorded it and also what is probably the final ever ABC News update with the current/old branding at Midnight AEST, which I think is the exact same one that gets shown just before ABC2 closes down.

Aside from that, I think we can pretty much say RIP to the ABC News 24 branding: July 22, 2010 - April 10, 2017.

5 Likes

Here it is:

Hype!!!

3 Likes

Opener and closer from the 11.30pm update with message regarding rebrand (starting @ 1:24).

This was the midnight update.

8 Likes

Slight Watermark glitch happened when The World This Week. The regular ABC Watermark appeared for a few seconds, but later changed to the standard News24 one. That was probably the last technical glitch with the Watermark under the current look. Though that clock still has been gone for hours now…

1 Like

A major technical glitch just occurred. During BBC World News during their “This Week In History” segment, the signal froze and was lost, then an News24 ident kept looping for about 4 times, until it went to the weather loop. A Catalyst short is now on in place of BBC World News.

Edit:

Normal programming has resumed, The Drum is now on.

1 Like

The flipper + watermark has disappeared on programming at approx 5.45 AEST:

1 Like

I was just about to mention that

ATTENTION, ATTENTION THIS IS NOT A DRILL I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL

RELAUNCH IMMINENT

:rotating_light::rotating_light: RELAUNCH ALERT :rotating_light::rotating_light:

3 Likes

7 Likes

Video

3 Likes