ABC News (Channel)

It was launched in 2020 due the costs of broadcasting individual feeds.

3 Likes

The bulletin that airs on Foxtel, only airs on Foxtel

1 Like

Yes which I found it weird because the bulletin that airs on Foxtel goes to air at 7. P.M AEDT which is the same time that the bulletin aired last night on the ABC news channel.

1 Like

I would say it was the same bulletin.

2 Likes

It actually airs on ABC National on VAST too, not that anyone would bother watching it as it’s SD-only, buried away on LCN 299 and all the state variants of ABC are available anyway.

2 Likes
1 Like

The channel will broadcast the state memorial for Olivia Newton-John live from Melbourne’s Hamer Hall this Sunday (February 26) from 4pm to 6pm AEDT.

The service will also be shown on Nine.

1 Like
2 Likes

Ruby Cornish presented yesterday - here is the 3pm news:

2 Likes

NSW Votes Special

This was also featured, has anyone seen this screen setup, is it the election set?, is it just the newsroom touchscreen with some extra set design?, has it been seen before?

3 Likes

It seems to be the same newsroom spot with some extra dressing around it. You can just see the control room over Antony’s left shoulder that is normally visible in the shot:

4 Likes

That’s Casey Briggs not Antony Green

I am aware that it is Casey Briggs in the image I posted. I was using the image as an example of how the shot normally looks in order to illustrate the point that the control room was still visible behind Antony in the image posted by Gamectra.

1 Like

ah ok! Was a bit confused

2 Likes

Doing the rounds this afternoon

1 Like

Joe O’Brien has finished up the morning shift for the last time. He’ll now be reading from 5pm.

5 Likes

Wow, quite unexpected. 13 years is a great stint.

7 Likes

Wonder what shift he’ll be doing, and who’ll take over mornings?

1 Like

So who is he replacing? What is his shift? 5-9?

1 Like