ABC News Presenters and Reporters

I will take a look tomorrow morning, with ABC I never really cared much about it unlike Seven and Nine. Still I hope it’s a much better look than Sky News.

3 Likes

Wasn’t really a fan of black and white mixing on news graphics but i really think ABC will pull it off, some are jumping the gun and saying it wont look good but i guess we will have to just wait and see tomorrow :grinning: I think the new graphics will add a fresh modern approach to news. ABC in my opinion have always been the old and boring ones but i think they have the potential to have the best graphics package in Australia.

4 Likes

For those wanting to take a final look at a full ABC News 24 bulletin with the old branding, tonight’s 11pm bulletin will be your last chance because aside from the midnight news update, it’s all repeats and broadcasts of BBC World/Al Jazeera English programs in the overnight hours judging by the EPG. Aside from that, the new look Ident for ABC News (24) will probably make it’s debut just before 5am or 6am.

On the local front, I wonder if the “ABC News Sunday” branding will continue with the new look?

I completely agree!

In 24 hours from now, somehow I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if almost everyone on Media Spy thinks that the new look ABC News has the best On-Air Presentation of any Australian TV news service.

3 Likes

New ABC News look launching at 6am tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/breakfastnews/status/850921214063198212

I like the outgoing look used since the launch of ABC News 24

7 Likes

So yellow does play a little part, at least for News Breakfast! :grinning:

My version…

Cheers to @NewsKing for finding that Media Watch blooper in the News24 thread

15 Likes

Not much of a claim though :slight_smile:

1 Like

That tweet suggests to me that it’s still going to be called ABC News Breakfast. The name “News Breakfast” has been in use on the show for years anyway, so I think that suggestions of a renaming could be incorrect…

#Edit

Actually they just reposted that on Twitter and changed it to saying ‘News Breakfast’. So looks like it is changing :grimacing:

2 Likes

We definitely need a dedicated MS memes thread

7 Likes

I wonder how the new ABC News look will compare to 7, 9 and Ten and even its Counterparts here in NZ.

1 Like

They’ve removed that tweet from the page. Hmm…:confused:

But they have retweeted Michael Rowland
https://twitter.com/mjrowland68/status/850856504227905536

7 Likes

Be the change you want to see Bort

3 Likes

They did repost the picture again with the correction of name with it saying ‘News Breakfast’, but I can’t seem to load that picture at the moment either. :confused:

Since they are keeping the same set my concern is that they really need to change the backgrounds and the side panels.

5 Likes

That’s one of my concerns as well, as I think it’d look out of place with the new look, but I’d imagine there would be some set changes. We’ll just have to wait and see.

1 Like

I really hate the backgrounds, is that a screen or is it physical. If they change that, it could be a nice set

What are they rehearsing for if the set, backdrops, camera angles etc are identical?

5 Likes

Obviously they’re rehearsing the new jokes that Michael promised!

5 Likes

Perhaps set changes will happen overnight after the last 8pm ABC News24 Bulletin with the current look. I’d imagine they might happen during the night so it’s ready for News Breakfast, but that’s just a prediction.

1 Like

I like your optimism, but the sets visible on the screens haven’t changed.