ABC Local Radio

I’m surprised the drop wasn’t more than 1.6%

2 Likes

Radio Today columnist Kim Napier has revealed she will host Drive on ABC Northern Tasmania for nine months.

3 Likes

She hosted it last year for a while too, good to hear her back on the radio

2 Likes

Yeah she’s been on for quite a while. I was surprised when I heard Piia Wirsu back but looks like she’s only been back about a month or so but Kim had been doing at least the last 6 months.

2 Likes

Brian Nankervis has commenced a new weekly national program on Sunday Evenings called Songs and Stories. It was previously on-air last year as a replacement on Saturday Mornings in Victoria after The Coodabeens finished up.

4 Likes

Alister Nicholson has left the ABC based on this tweet this morning.

IMO he is the most experienced commentator at ABC Melbourne after Gerard Whateley left for SEN a few years ago. Another big loss for the public broadcaster.

7 Likes

Wow, didn’t know he’d left. He had certainly been presented with some pretty good opportunities and has done a great job since Gerard left. Will be a big loss this footy season I reckon.

4 Likes

He called the Brisbane v Port game for Channel 7 on Saturday, and had been doing a heap of work for them in the cricket space as well - maybe he’s moved over there for good? Sad loss for the ABC as you say, but a big improvement to Channel 7’s AFL coverage if that’s the case

3 Likes

The Herald Sun has shed some more light about why Nicholson left the ABC. Apparently he wanted to become a contractor rather than a full-time ABC employee so that he could work elsewhere (such as Seven). However, the two sides couldn’t reach an agreement to allow him to do that so he decided to leave the national broadcaster.

7 Likes

Some minor shuffles at ABC Radio Brisbane at the moment.

Mike Van Acker is presenting the Statewide Afternoons program for the next couple of weeks.
Regular host Kat Feeney is presenting the Brisbane Drive program while Steve Austin takes some time off.

Last week John Taylor (former reporter and now working with Landline) presented Drive.
Rachel Mealey (ABC radio current affairs reporter) presented Mornings, due to host Rebecca Levingston being in COVID quarantine with her family.

3 Likes

Funny how both James Valentine and Richard Glover are off at the same time in Sydney. Both are meant to be returning tomorrow.

I thought I heard Indira Naidoo say that she was filling in for James, but on Monday Sydney got the ABC Illawarra Breakfast with Melinda James. Cassie McCullagh did Breakfast today.

Sarah Macdonald has been filling in on Drive.

1 Like

I think Indira is presenting from next week

1 Like

More shuffles at ABC Radio Brisbane this week.

Kat Feeney who was to be presenting Drive is unwell so Kelly Higgins-Devine is presenting instead.
Filling in for Kelly on the Evenings program on Tuesday night was Mel Buttle and tonight was Joel Spreadborough.

Also worth a mention that ABC Radio Sydney Afternoons presenter Josh Szeps is on holiday, so James O’Loghlin is filling in.

Indira Naidoo will fill in next week on ABC Radio Sydney, and Suzanne Hill will fill in for her.

4 Likes

ABC Classic FM and ABC Jazz presenter Megan Burslem is filling in for Jacinta Parsons on afternoons this week on ABC Radio Melbourne.

4 Likes

In what shift?

Who is covering for Kat on afternoons?

Thanks again @glen2006 for your excellent updates. Always helpful to know who is on where.

1 Like

Josh Szeps’ Afternoon program

4 Likes

Dylan Lewis is filling in for Sammy J on ABC Melbourne breakfast for a couple of weeks.

3 Likes

Mike Van Acker.

1 Like

This week on ABC Radio Melbourne, Lisa Leong is filling in for Jacinta Parsons on afternoons, while Mary Gearin hosts Drive.

5 Likes

ABC Radio Sydney Afternoons presenter Josh Szeps is taking his show national today for Good Friday.

3 Likes