A Current Affair

Tracy Grimshaw was at Peter Hitchener’s 70th birthday bash yesterday so they probably did ACA from Melbourne.

3 Likes

Here is a cap from Friday’s edition of ACA from 9GTV:

Nine should invest in a general purpose set at GTV9 for the Today Show and ACA. It would also benifit both programs if they did a show once in awhile from the Melbourne studios, much like Studio 10 and Sunrise.

4 Likes

Agree completely. In fact, I believe ACA should return, again I know, to Melbourne, with maybe a more Melbourne perspective, might help Nine News and TODAY in Melbourne.

1 Like

Any WIN viewers now receive A Current Affair , on Gem, Monday-Wednesday 7.30-8.00 while Thursday and Friday is 7.00-7.30, due to the NRL I assume.

Some great stories and interviews tonight on ACA. First of all the story of John Kennerley, husband of Kerri-Anne. Brady Halls did a great story, flashing back on moments of the Logies, Midday Show, Mornings with Kerri-Anne and his own personal memories. The second story that triggered my interest was Hey Dad! star Sarah Monahan, an interview conducted by Tracy herself. Plus, Tracy’s speech at the end was inspiring as she hit back at the critics who criticised ACA for unveiling the paedophile and ‘breaching his rights’.These personal stories, stories of human issues are what this program should be. TBH, no one really cares about Target clothes or hoons etc. Oh yeah, that’s right, 500,000 metro viewers disagree every night!?

1 Like

Now these are the sorts of stories that ACA should be showing more often, rather than poorly disguised infomercials and other equally trashy reports (some of which almost makes ACA look like a parody of itself - Eg: those “Candyman” and “Never fall in love with your doctor!” reports that were on last year) that pollutes the airwaves most of the time. Get Tracy to do regular interviews, maybe have more in-depth coverage of the news stories of the day and I might make an effort to watch the show more often.

3 Likes

Here is an article including the transcript of what Tracy said. Quite powerful.

I’m sure that if that approach received higher ratings, ACA would do more stories along those lines. Unfortunately it seems that that isn’t what attracts the most viewers. Last night, for example, Home and Away had a rare win over ACA - just coincidence perhaps? But results like that are what drives the trashier content.

2 Likes

Leila McKinnon is hosting Good Friday edition.

1 Like

Why does she have a lisp?

Leila has the lisp because of her braces!

1 Like

oh right… haha :smiley:

Leila McKinnon is hosting again tonight.

Thursday (14.04.16) : Leila McKinnon hosting tonight.

Special ANZAC Day-themed Promo Endtag:

Leila McKinnon presented the Anzac Day edition last night.

Ben Fordham is filling in on tonight’s edition of ACA.

2 Likes

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:79, topic:94, full:true”]
[/quote] Been a while hasn’t it… Ben said Tracy was sick, from what he said it is just not the flu.

Ben Fordham on ACA tonight.

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:79, topic:94, full:true”]
[/quote] Lovely story tonight with the elderly lady ripped off by a tradie. Not only did she get her refund, but got an additional payment from ACA. I think she truly deserved it. Ben did alright, I suppose he was as antagonising as he usually is ( good as ACA is only 30 mins compared to Today’s 3hrs!).

1 Like