A Current Affair

Looks like the same desk from the national studio. Looks really good

As promised, here’s some caps of the new ACA set:

7 Likes

Is that a new screen behind Tracy? Hopefully that happens on Today maybe.

Looking quite dark compared to what they had in the past

Looks like that desk is very multi-purpose :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That red is horrific! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Video montage of tonight’s ACA in the new set:

1 Like

The red is definitely in your face, but I quite like the dark look they’re going for

Nice job. Suits the show and looks good.

Erm the previous desk looked better imo. Everything else looks alright though.

I really like it. There’s something so effective about the simplicity of that set.

3 Likes

Looks terrible IMO, it really needed a refresher like 60mins - the less red the better.

[quote=“Wade, post:50, topic:94”]
The red is definitely in your face
[/quote] What colour would you use then? Blue is used by Today Tonight in some states, so that’s out.[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:44, topic:94”]
As promised, here’s some caps of the new ACA set
[/quote] I really like the grey city backdrop for Tracy, reminds me of the early 2000s. I do agree the red clashes and a graphics refresh would have been much better, but honestly there is not much of a change. Hopefully a different story for Today.

It just needs less red, more white & grey would’ve broken it up a little. The grey city backdrop looks okay but the desk doesn’t need to be lit up in red also when the backdrop is all red. It’s all a little too much on the eye.

Have they moved the position of the desk, wasn’t the smaller screen to the left of her behind her previously?

2 Likes

I couldn’t believe the promo I heard on radio today. Something like, “Our exclusive with the family who found a spider in their salad.” What the?! That’s gotta be a new low.

1 Like

It’s ACA, what do you expect? Top quality, Four Corners-style investigative journalism? Hardly! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I can’t believe they would pay to advertise that on radio…

How often does ACA even get advertised on the radio these days anyway? I know there used to be daily radio promos which would promote a story or two that was to be shown that night, but I don’t think Nine have done those for years now…

Well they did today at around 5pm on 97.3 in Brisbane. I was driving at the time.

I think A Current Affair was broadcasted from GTV last night, but I am not sure why. There were no wideshots, different lighting, Tracy was sitting in a seat seen earlier in ACA’s tenure from Melbourne and was presented from a green screen.