A Current Affair

I don’t think she is high profile enough to become host, despite the years of filling-in. Karl Stefanovic is way more likely IMO.

3 Likes

Is Brady Halls (AKA, the Mike Dalton/Allan Raskall/Phil Wilmington of A Current Affair) still at ACA? Maybe he could become the next presenter of the show! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But seriously, I think Leila McKinnon would be considerably more likely to become Tracy Grimshaw’s successor than previous ACA fill-in presenters like Cameron Williams or Deborah Knight.

1 Like

Bec Maddern would be a good fit for the role…

1 Like

Leila hosting as far back as 2007.

Perhaps too good for the show.

5 Likes

Karl or Ben Fordham would be my picks as Tracy’s successors as both have the right presenting style to introduce trash stories. :grinning:

4 Likes

Stefanovic is a perfect fit as he has proven when hosting previously.

Actually wouldn’t be a bad idea, move the show back to Melbourne. GTV9 could do with more national programming.

2 Likes

And who is going to fork out the money for a whole new team?

Would there even be enough room for ACA, Nine News Melbourne (yes, I know both have shared a studio before but lots has changed at Nine since 2011-12) and the Regional Victorian editions of Nine News to all be presented live out of Docklands?

Leila McKinnon was a reporter on ACA after she moved to Sydney from QLD.

1 Like

Yes, its a large studio.

ACA could be incorporated back into that studio.

1 Like

They could even put it where the Sunday Footy Show etc is filmed

There is actually quite a substantial team in Melbourne still. No different to when it came from Melbourne and there were reporters and the exec producer in Sydney…

So they sit around bludging, waiting for ACA to return to Melbourne?

I think you underestimate the resources needed to put on a show like this. I’d saying having it in Sydney saves them money because they share resources with 60 Minutes and Today etc. Setting up a separate team of presenters and crew would be huge.

TCN9 will always be the flagship station, but with the Footy Show on its last legs and the growing Melbourne market, Nine need to look at offsetting some programming to GTV9.

The opposite is more likely though. If you look at what’s happened at Ten to save costs you’ll notice they’ve just moved productions to Sydney.

2 Likes

Thats been happening for decades, but all networks know they can’t centralise all programming to one city. Melbourne is to large to ignore, and a lot of money can be made from that market.

That’s true, but Family Fued wasn’t filmed out of Ten’s Como studios, but from Docklands instead. There was no physical way to bring the show in house without displacing either the news, or The Project/HYBPA, which is why the move to Sydney was a practical cost-cutting measure.

3 Likes

Haha… I do understand believe me. :wink:
What I mean to say is that despite not a full ACA crew (last i was told) there is still about half a dozen reporters, a few camera men and producers, editors etc all in Melbourne to produce Melbourne stories. Now obviously it’s not the size of what would be in Sydney, but it’s not completely baron here in Melbourne.

1 Like

So you’re just trying to talk it up so you can score a job out of it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: