A Current Affair

It’s different when you’re doing it 1 or 2 nights a week as opposed to being the face of the program 5 nights a week.

2 Likes

I will be shocked if Tracey’s successor isn’t Deb Knight.

If you think Deb would choose 2GB Afternoons over Nine primetime you’re kidding yourself.

Deb has been the primary fill in and Saturday host for many years.

Karl will stay where he is. His exit strategy will be 60 Mins not ACA.

Congrats to Tracey on her upcoming retirement. What a fantastic career.

5 Likes

Yep, she started off way back competing against Naomi Robson on Today Tonight.

1 Like

Charles is really not strong enough to anchor / keep interest in today. If they want to move Karl, then they need to find another option for today, fast.

4 Likes

I think they should give it to Deb. Switch Deb and Jim on 2GB so Deb isn’t doing such a long day and by having Jim do afternoons he could potentially fill in on sport for Nine News if he wanted to.

They might try to poach Sarah Harris

Heck, if Nine do look elsewhere and want to freshen the show up a bit, how about the likes of Sarah Harris / Natarsha Belling?

1 Like

Leigh Sales could make a surprise shift to Nine :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Tracy hasn’t really been used to her full capacity for a while now. When she’s been called on to do some big interviews they have been great but she’s more an anchor now. The new host will needs to have similar interviewing skills. She seems to suggest she’ll be here for most of the rest of the ratings period - not clear when in November she is leaving. After that, a stand in achor would normally take over anyway, while a new host wouldn’t be needed until after the tennis as I see it.

14 Likes

You forgot Melissa Doyle.

My personal choice would be to see Liz Hayes be rewarded for her years of service at Nine. Not going to happen but she stands as my all time favourite host of Today. People forget what a great presenter she is because she’s been on 60 for so long.

12 Likes

Sources tell TV Blackbox it is an open field on who will replace her with executives noting they have plenty of time to make the decision.

Those sources also note there are plenty of good candidates.

It’s expected, but not confirmed, that Nine will do a deal to keep her on the books in some capacity.

From Rob’s update.

3 Likes

I’m in shock. This is just like Leigh Sales retirement announcement on 7:30

Nightly Liz would be excellent.

1 Like

Melissa Doyle would be a fantastic get. Time shall tell!

8 Likes

Wow this has definitely come out of the blue. But wow in all honesty, where have the last 17 years gone?

6 Likes

No one with a young kid wants to be a traveling the world for extended periods away from the family.

She isn’t retiring.

Doesn’t radio generally pay more than television?

1 Like

It would definitely be a career making appointment and highly sought after. It will be a difficult but critical decision for Nine - ACA is really the jewel in their prime time line up easily ahead of the competition in total people. I feel they will aim to try to improve the number of younger viewers with the choice but that will be a difficult balance so as not to lose their loyal older audience.

Imagine the sad he’ll chuck if he’s not given it. The election spat was only the warm-up. Liz would be wonderful but unlikely. I’d see Sarah Abo getting the gig over the likes of Sylvia or Leila.

I support this message, get her away from the dumpster fire that is Studio 10.

2 Likes

It would certainly have to be a sweet deal for her to give up radio and two nights of A Current Affair to host ACA weekdays. With young kids, i think she probably would prefer the flexibility that her radio shift allows.

4 Likes