A Current Affair

5 Likes

Nice touch on the promo for Friday night’s edition - “In Living Colour” Nine logo and an ACA logo from the same era for a story on television show archives.

1 Like

Thought the retro mid 1970s branding in that promo was a nice touch. Was waiting for the episode to appear on 9Now to grab a screen cap but the episode only came up briefly before being removed.

Very interested in that story to learn if those old tapes are stored at Willoughby and what will be happening with them. Surely they’d be looking to digitise all that content at some stage. It’d be a tragedy if they did what TEN did when vacating North Ryde and took them all to the local tip. You’d think there’d be any number of TV historians willing to donate time to do the job if Nine doesn’t want to pay someone to do it.

2 Likes

Caps from promo

10 Likes

TV Cynic has beaten me to the punch, but here are the caps I got for what they’re worth:

I was under the impression that Nine’s archives are held in Sydney but not at Willoughby, with news footage (not too sure about the status of full bulletins/programs as they would’ve aired on though) dating back to the 1960s. General programming wise I’d imagine that Nine’s own archives would include programs produced in-house by the network, no idea about Sport and programs which aired on Nine but were produced by independent production companies.

3 Likes

Tonight’s ACA story was about the NFSA and based around the project to digitise their current library of vision and sound before the media deteriorates.

https://twitter.com/NFSAonline/status/1284061741182144512?s=20

10 Likes

The full story is now available

4 Likes

The story was good. They gave the impression that the storage vaults were at the main building at Acton, however the vaults are at Mitchell with small nitrate film vault in north Mitchell.

5 Likes

Wow, a story on old content which isn’t solely ripping from YouTube uploads… never thought I’d see the day.

11 Likes

It was odd that the NFSA supplied ACA with an NFSA watermarked clip from Skippy … considering that Nine owns Skippy and still shows it every week.

2 Likes

All i can remember from a TAFE excursion i was on three years ago where we visited the Channel Nine Sydney studios, is that they had archive footage dating back to the Mid-1970’s. They even gave us a tour of where they stored all the tapes.

4 Likes

Ended on wide shot last night

4 Likes

They must’ve have graphics problems last night because none of the opening and closing graphics were animated, I noticed.

1 Like

Leila McKinnon is presenting tonight as Tracy is filming an upcoming story.

4 Likes

Special edition of ACA tonight from Canberra. Tracy sits down for a one-on-one with ScoMo.

Nothing in the promo suggested that tonight’s show will be live - so I’d presume that the show will begin with a pre recorded PTC from Tracy followed by the interview for the remainder of the show (as they’ve done in the past with feature interview stories)

6 Likes

5 Likes

Friday 24 July-

Deb Knight is hosting tonight.

6 Likes

Big day for her! Does anyone know if she was on radio this afternoon too?

She sure was. Deb’s Definitely a versatile talent to go from breakfast tv, radio, and then current affairs.

2 Likes

Deb could’ve made it to Willoughby to present the afternoon news after her radio show if she really tried.

6 Likes