9Now

Wonder what the delay is with the other channels Nine has, going on 9Now.

I’d imagine that those channels won’t be streaming until the lawsuit with WIN is sorted out.

Aside from that, it probably would take a bit of work to be able to stream at least 20 channels (that’s just counting the five main metro markets) over the internet! :wink:

Yes I was thinking about that lawsuit.

David Knox on TVTonight has an interview available on his website (with aprogrammer from 9 I think) which explains why they chose not to stream all channels from the launch of 9Now.

Basically it was so they could test it all first with the main channel and make sure it was working really well, before rolling out live streaming of all channels.

3 Likes

Or they’re stitching up rights so that it’s worthwhile bothering to stream them.

Oscars live on 9Now, delayed on Nine/WIN/9NBN

3 Likes

Not a bad way to promote the 9now service i guess

The Nine version of the promo has the Nine HD logo at the end! :wink:

Although it’s quite interesting to see that NBN has left the 9Now bit in. Could it possibly be a sign that the Northern NSW/Gold Coast channels will eventually be streaming?

2 Likes

But they are shown Live on Nine as well 12.30 pm AEDT

“Live from Hollywood,”.

Hmm. Not according to NBN! Off I go to check.

1 Like

NBN screening it too at 12.30 … Weird

1 Like

And of course the WIN version of the promo makes no mention of 9Now at all!

2 Likes

I also saw a extended Oscars ad with the 9now stuff but it said a major announcement from the Today team so? I was watching 9now via Perth stream.

The WIN promo I saw said the same as the above cap with the “Monday Morning” on 9NOW piece.

How do you get those links to work in VLC ??

9Go, 9Gem and 9Life will be all on 9Now within the next 4-6 weeks, Hugh Marks has told Mediaweek.

4 Likes

In HD I hope

1 Like

Mumbrella reports WIN has lost its bid for a NSW Supreme Court injunction to stop Nine streaming its programs via 9Now into regional areas.

8 Likes

Good!

Thank God for that!

Hopefully, we’ll eventually see Nine coming to an agreement with WIN to stream the regional channels online. With WIN now carrying Extra, 9Life and it’s own primary HD channel, I think it’s only fair that regional viewers have access to their local versions of the Nine Network channels via online streaming just like metropolitan viewers do. Thoughts?

3 Likes