9Now

Discussion of

Archived topic 9Now

1 Like

Mumbrella is reporting that “Nine Entertainment is preparing to turn on its new live streaming and catch-up service 9Now in the next 10 days”.

I was told it would be ready for ratings - so next Sunday.

1 Like

It’ll be very interesting to see what 9Now is like.

As far as the streaming is concerned, I really hope that all five capital cities plus the Gold Coast, Darwin and maybe NBN will be on board. The Plus7 streaming includes even the regional Queensland variants of Seven’s channels, so I don’t think it would be unrealistic to expect Nine to be streaming channels from every region that has it’s Nine services owned by the Nine Entertainment Company.

1 Like

Despite all the hype about Feb 1, ratings don’t start until the next week on 7 February.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if Nine use a different model to Seven; possibly with the need to register and log-in to view.

Hope not. I hope they have raw streams where they specifically mention the m3u8 files on server to setup IP TV streams. Or even an android TV app that uses the live channels function would be great also.

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:4, topic:660”]
It’ll be very interesting to see what 9Now is like. As far as the streaming is concerned, I really hope that all five capital cities plus the Gold Coast, Darwin and maybe NBN will be on board.
[/quote] Definitely, and 24 hour content from local regions too, like Adelaide 5pm News. I find 7plus really easy to navigate and manage which is good so I hope the same happens with 9 Now.

1 Like

As a Win viewer I can’t wait. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ye I know… but trust me, from Sunday Jan 31, it’s on like donkey kong… officially or not! And you and I will both be bombarded with emails from the publicity departments :smiley:

Great, can’t wait :fearful: No doubt if ALL CAPS as well.

I’m waiting for the 20+ emails a day from Simon saying how crap Ten and Nine did and how well Seven did… zzzzZZZZ

Looks like 9Life ends up online to the regional areas BEFORE it is free to air (if ever WIN carries it) …

Will Ten ever stream everything… what is the point of streaming the afternoon block ? Testing ?
“The expansion of our live streaming is completely consistent with what Paul Anderson said last year – i.e., we would add more live streaming in a controlled way and test consumer demand.”

1 Like

An update is now available for the 9Jumpin iOS app. Branding changes to 9Now after the update and you’re required to register details, including postcode, with My9 to gain access. Live streaming of the main channel is now available. 9Gem, 9Go and 9Life live streaming listed as coming soon.

Live streaming now also available here:

https://www.9now.com.au/live

1 Like

Live streaming quality is garbage. Not a good sign

As predicted - Nine want to profile you!

1 Like

https://9nowlivehls-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/226554/ch9sydprd/20160125T180612/master3000/00008/master3000_00522.ts

The sydney stream.

The VODs are in 720p.

Quality:

Just only a tad under broadcast quality I think. Quite acceptable.

2 Likes

Or or or

Your internet is garbage. A great thing.

If this is garbage, we’re all in trouble :slightly_smiling:

This is mine and I’m managing to see a consistent high quality quality stream. Much better than 7live.

1 Like