9Now

Some of NineLife’s shows can be watched on 9now but not livestreamed ?

Great site seems to get on a regular basis

This page is temporarily unavailable

Please try again soon.

I was wondering if it was going to have city/regional based streams. So if the regionals jump on board, they would consider having individual streams for each region, say, if you were in the Hunter region, you’d get NBN Newcastle, Prime7 Newcastle, etc?

Are they all location-based to ensure you’re getting only your local stations?

I believe that 9Now uses your IP address to determine which channels you can livestream.

If NBN was going to stream, they’d have to make available streams for each region, not just say Newcastle nor have a generic Nth NSW stream. I think they would need to do this to keep local advertisers happy (for much the same reasons why HD has delayed).

IP addresses seem to be VERY accurate eg. I think this is how Google Maps uses wifi to show your location very accurately.

1 Like

Google tracks you CONSTANTLY. It knows my home, work and the cafe I visit daily at Uni, and I didn’t even tell it those things.

It’s actually scary.

3 Likes

Probably the best place to post this: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/business/media-and-marketing/bruce-gordons-win-takes-nine-to-court-over-streaming-20160210-gmqjg1.html

Bruce Gordon is taking the Nine Entertainment Company to court in an attempt to stop the metropolitan network from streaming it’s channels over the internet.

surprised Prime7 hasn’t taken 7 owners to court over that too lol

Will it be thrown out of court ?

At the very least, I sure hope that WIN come to an agreement with Nine by getting them to stream WIN Network channels and programs on 9Now. Same deal with any other regional networks and the streaming services by their metropolitan counterparts.

It’s quite hard to feel sympathetic for regional networks complaining about the streaming of metro channels when they’ve let down their viewers by delaying channel launches and axing regional bulletins in recent years.

Aside from local news services (which I support 100%, of course), there isn’t any real incentive for regional viewers to watch WIN or Prime7 over their metropolitan counterparts if you’ve got a good enough internet service.

2 Likes

This is just bull.

One - they haven’t developed the new channels - their affiliate partners have - and further, the regional counterpart is not necessarily privy to that information until it is released by the metro network/s.

Two - although local news is mandated - it is no different to any other program which is axed. As long as they are meeting their licensing obligations - no issue.

For the record - I support the metro networks streaming their channels. Further to that - I would also support the regional networks to do the same - it should be something which they had accounted for within their affiliation agreements. I encourage them to also stream.

Exactly the same as what we see with radio stations!

Win, Prime, SCA etc should all have been far more aware - its not like streaming only surfaced yesterday - they got caught with their pants down.

3 Likes

I wonder when we will see the other channels that Nine had GO , Life, start livestreaming.

I’m trying to watch 9 Adelaide here in Adelaide however it keeps showing 9 Sydney, I don’t there is a way to change it, could someone explain how to play it through VLC using the links in the thread?

To watch the direct streams in VLC: Open the program, go to the Media menu and select “Open Network Stream”, copy and paste the link of your choice and press play. Hopefully that helps! :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

tried that but I keep getting an error.

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/9now/660/80?u=hinca0488

This program works a treat!

2 Likes

old news… :slight_smile:

yep, sorry!

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:114, topic:660”]
To watch the direct streams in VLC: Open the program, go to the Media menu and select “Open Network Stream”, copy and paste the link of your choice and press play. Hopefully that helps! :slightly_smiling:
[/quote] Where is the Media menu?

i Just saw on wins main channel say Habibs on win if you miss it catch up on 9now :slight_smile:

1 Like