9Now

For some reason I still see no ads , watching shows on the 9 Now app on the Telstra TV. No livestreaming on this device apart from Ch 7.

Nine CEO Hugh Marks said at yesterday’s AGM that 9Now has now almost 4.4 million registered viewers. That’s impressive! The new 7plus service has a lot to catch up.

1 Like

That’s nearly 20% of all Australians. It seems like a lot when you take out children and the elderly who don’t even have internet.
I wonder how many are people from overseas trying to watch stuff only to sign up and find it to be geoblocked.

2 Likes

‘SUMMER LOVE’ ON 9NOW

Nine has today launched its ‘Summer Love’ programming slate on 9Now with a raft of Australia’s favourite dating, reality and dramas now available for binge viewing over the holiday season.

Ahead of the premiere of two of 2018’s biggest TV shows, Married at First Sight and Love Island Australia, Nine has launched a variety of dating and reality shows online, including the two latest seasons of Married at First Sight (USA), along with a raft of other unscripted TV programs such as Bridezillas, Arranged and 90 Day Fiancé.

Reality fans will be able to while away their summer with not only the two latest seasons of the UK’s most talked about TV show, Love Island, but also the newest episodes of Straight Outta Love Island: Chris and Kem.

The 9Now audience will continue to have a wide selection of Australian drama to enjoy over the summer break, with box sets of all-time favourites McLeod’s Daughters, Sea Patrol, Rescue Special Ops and, in February, Water Rats.

Nine’s General Manager of Video, Niamh Collins, is excited to offer these programs for free via 9now.com.au, the 9Now app and Smart TVs.

“At a time when our audience have time to unwind and enjoy the holiday break, Nine is offering more program choice to enjoy with our distinctive summer content slate of dating, reality and drama viewing available on demand anytime, anywhere,” she said.

Among the ‘Summer Love’ programs being made available on 9Now between now and February are:

BOX SET DRAMAS

· McLeod’s Daughters

· Doctor Doctor

· Love Child

· House Husbands

· Rescue Special Ops

· Sea Patrol

· Water Rats coming February

REALITY SERIES

· 90 Day Fiancé

· Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta

· Snog, Marry, Avoid?

· Tabatha’s Salon Takeover

· Married at First Sight AU

· Married at First Sight USA

· Love Island UK

· Straight Outta Love Island: Chris and Kem

· Bridezillas

· Dress to Impress

· Arranged

· Dance Moms

· Four Weddings UK

· Four Weddings USA

· My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding

Wasn’t that on Ch ELEVEN ?

Placeholder shown on the streams when Cricket is on:

6 Likes

From my inbox this afternoon. My mail app is suspicious that 9Now does infact have the hottest shows to binge watch this summer. Given their ‘highlights’, I don’t blame it.

nine
shows1
shows2

2 Likes

The Ashes: Australian v England was blacked out on 9Now and it’s unavailable. on the app, they streamed a replay of Hot Seat. The cricket has finished although Nine did not update its schedules.

9Now now has its own watermark… cause I needed the reminder that I manually went through and chose a show to watch as opposed to channel surfing

1 Like

It was one of the things I liked most when ever using the 9Now app, however was inevitable I suppose.

3 Likes

They might be doing that to make it marginally harder for anyone who’s pirating this stuff… Because, you know, there’s a huge market for 20-to-1 torrents :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

It appears Nine won’t be live streaming Nine News or Today until the Winter Olympics conclude due to the broadcasts including coverage of events from Pyeongchang.

2 Likes

CBB US will be shown same day as the US on 9NOW starting from tomorrow.

1 Like

9NOW PRESENTS

CHOPPER: IN HIS OWN WORDS

Ahead of Sunday’s debut of Underbelly Files: Chopper, Nine has launched a 9Now exclusive documentary, Chopper: In His Own Words, featuring previously unseen, unscripted and unguarded moments of Mark “Chopper” Read’s life.

Narrated by Nine’s Sydney news presenter and 60 Minutes contributor Peter Overton, the documentary features exclusive home videos of Chopper and reveals the man behind the myth.

The 9Now documentary special tells the story of Chopper’s life, and the legend that was built around him, in his own words in home videos and through interviews he did with A Current Affair, 60 Minutes and the Sunday program – spanning all the way from 1982 to the final 60 Minutes interview he did with Tara Brown shortly before his death.

Overton said: “Mark ‘Chopper’ Read’s story is an incredible one. Chopper: In His Own Words brings together both rare home videos with some of the amazing interviews compiled by the Nine News team over decades for what is a unique perspective on one of Australia’s most high-profile criminals.”

The documentary is a complement to Nine’s latest instalment of the Underbelly drama franchise with Underbelly Files: Chopper, which goes to air this Sunday on Nine and 9Now over two massive nights (part two on Monday, February 12) after Married at First Sight.

Underbelly Files: Chopper stars award-winning actor Aaron Jeffery. The two-part mini-series explores the untold, uncut story of notorious gangster Mark “Chopper” Read as he struggles to reconcile his two competing identities – Chopper, the colourful underworld figure, and Mark Brandon Read, the man who craved a quiet life far from the public arena.

AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING ON 9NOW

I really enjoyed this.

The current streaming placeholder slide due to Olympic restrictions:

Previously reported to be like this:

3 Likes

It seems that 9Now streaming broke tonight

and a dozen more the same

1 Like

9Now will have the subtitles for the hearing impaired image

5 Likes

Location Lifestyle Living (locally produced by Nine Network O&O station NBN) is now available on 9NOW.
https://www.9now.com.au/location-lifestyle-living