9Now

Wonder why no ads on the 9Now Telstra TV app. Been like that for a long time. Perhaps issues with getting advertisers?

9Now passes 4m sign-ups as Nine launches 9Now rebranding ad campaign - Mediaweek

Interesting read

2 Likes

5 Likes

From that MediaWeek report
I thought the balls was seamless enough?

I thought so too. Now it’s a mishmash.

It might work if they get rid of the balls and add 9 to Go/Gem/Life.

Been there done that - let’s hope we never have a repeat of that phase :tired_face:

4 Likes

According to Nine Entertainment Co’s annual results, 9Now has now reached 4 million registrations, which is a pretty impressive number.

3 Likes

9Now is light years ahead of the competition. Well done Nine.

4 Likes

Only catchup service in HD unless the new Plus7 system will be HD…

Have to agree - been using it a bit more recently and really impressed with how well it works - and really can’t see why people would watch shows on Nine itself.

The quality is far better than the other catch up services and almost on par with Nine HD. Plus you also get no watermarks, far shorter ad breaks and not having to put up with Nine’s scheduling.

3 Likes

New platform for people can access to live TV, catch up TV, exclusive videos and More!

1 Like

9Now is a load of crap!
Have tried on both my tv and devices to find the 60 Mins story with ONJ from last night. The ep is there but not that story. Every time I FF or rewind I get another 4 ads including 2 EBay ones! Then I had to re-login on both devices.
I gave up.

Not sure why, but it’s not featured in the 60mins facebook page either (apart from the promos)

No ads on the Telstra TV for 9Now for some reason.

I had ads onTelstra tv and the app

thats why u use adblock :wink:

Probably already mentioned somewhere on here by me but it seems ridiculous that only 9Now offers HD live streaming of their channel, ABC nope. SBS is probably the second best catchup image quality. You’d think that 7’s plus 7 replacement would be HD surely on all devices ? Also if CBS takes over Ten you’d assume they’d make the catchup service air in HD on all devices.

Edit: I thought ABC Iview was going to become SD at least before the end of the year.

1 Like

An email from Nine. You will soon be able to pause the live stream.

5 Likes

Huh

Because they want to show ads based on your age, location etc.