9Now

Does anyone else have any issues with 9Now on their tv? I always start it but then it basically mutes itself after 20 seconds of watching. So frustrating. Not sure if its my tv or the actual streaming service. i don’t have this problem with tenplay. Not sure about 7plus as I don’t watch anything on seven.

I watch on a Telstra TV and no issues here.

1 Like

Strange it is probably just my tv. Just find it odd that I have no problems with tenplay.

I have a Sony Android TV, and the issues I have with 9now is when you get to the final ad break, it seems to refuse to play the last segment and just loop the adbreak over and over again.

Given how terrible TenPlay is, that is very odd.

2 Likes

Haha I have had problems with tenplay now as well.

How exciting…

December 15, 2016

Australians will have the opportunity to binge on full seasons of some of their favourite local dramas, comedies and reality shows including House Husbands, Love Child and Married at First Sight on 9Now over the summer.

Nine today announced it would be making “binge for free” packages of some of Australia’s top shows available on the popular 9Now live streaming and on-demand platform so that fans can catch up on their favourite programs ahead of the launch of the network’s 2017 programming slate.

Nine’s Head of Content Production and Development, Adrian Swift, says it’s a great opportunity for fans to binge on their favourite shows before they return in 2017.

“We know fans are eagerly awaiting the return of favourite shows like House Husbands and Here Come the Habibs and Married at First Sight on Nine in 2017,” Mr Swift, said.

“But the summer “binge for free” opportunity on 9Now is a chance for Australians to reacquaint themselves with these shows and their favourite characters and episodes.”

Among the programs being made available on 9Now between now and January 31 are:

· House Husbands (Seasons 1-5)

· Love Child (Seasons 1-3)

· Married at First Sight (Seasons 1-3)

· Here Come the Habibs (Season 1)

· Hyde & Seek (Season 1)

· Unreal Estate (Season 1)

Nine’s Chief Digital and Marketing Officer, Alex Parsons, said the launch of these drama, comedy and reality TV series over summer was part of Nine’s commitment to providing Australians with quality content all year round.

“Over the past 10 months we have built 9Now into a destination for quality Australian content,” Mr Parsons said.

“We already have 2.3 million customers who have signed up to 9Now and we know they will want quality Australian content over the holiday period.

“We are keen to continue to cater to this demand and expect it will continue to grow the audience on the platform.”

9NOW Launches on PLAYSTATION 4 and FETCH TV

Nine today announced a major expansion of its audience reach for 9Now, confirming the video streaming platform is now available on PlayStation®4 (PS4™), and Fetch TV.

The move represents a major increase in the footprint of the digital broadcaster, which this year has sought to make the 9Now platform available on as many devices and platforms as possible.

“Over the course of 2016 we have worked hard to make sure 9Now is available to Australians regardless of their device or platform,” Niamh Collins, General Manager of Product and Digital Operations at Nine, said.

“Today’s launch on both PlayStation’s PS4 and Fetch TV represents a major jump in the audience reach of our platform and will help us continue to drive growth in the 9Now subscriber base, which currently stands at more than 2.3 million.”

By launching 9Now on Fetch TV the live streaming and on-demand platform is now available to customers across a number of major telecommunications companies, including Optus, iiNet, Dodo, iPrimus and Internode.

“We are thrilled to add 9Now to Fetch TV, rounding out our offering of the full suite of free-to-air catch-up services. Time-shifting is a key component of the free-to-air experience on Fetch TV and one that is greatly valued by our subscribers,” Scott Lorson, CEO Fetch TV, said.

The launch of 9Now on PlayStation 4 is the first time the video streaming platform has been available on Australia’s best-selling home console[1], and gives Nine additional reach to PlayStation’s extensive audience of consumers in Australia.

Nine also confirmed that in addition to the launch on PS4 it would make 9Now available on select Sony Smart TVs in early 2017.

“Introducing 9Now to PlayStation 4 truly complements the broad suite of services already available on Australia’s favourite current-generation home console,” Michael Ephraim, Managing Director, Sony Interactive Entertainment Australia and New Zealand, said.

“Tuning in to 9Now or your favourite entertainment service has never been easier, thanks to the recent launch of our Universal Media remote – the perfect stocking filler for PS4 owners this Christmas.”

1 Like

I’ve had 9Now on my Fetch TV (2nd Gen) for about a week now. I guess they waited until it was rolled out before officially announcing its launch?

You have to link the Fetch TV device to your 9Now account through the iPhone or Android app. Otherwise its pretty seamless to use and streams in the highest quality possible.

I am always told to watch the news bulletins on 9NOW but why bother when it isn’t reliable. Three times this week bulletins haven’t been upload. :rolling_eyes:

1 Like

Sure they will be up later this Evening, Tomorrow or Tuesday… they probably had barley any staff in the 9Now office.

1 Like

The Sydney bulletin is usually up by around 8ish.

1 Like

Just watching a show via 9Now not long ago.

The 2 minute long ad break it inserted into the program was the exact same 30 second ad (about travelling to Christchurch) 4 times over!

I don’t mind if they want to put ads in a free service, but at least mix it up a bit!

1 Like

That is a regular occurrence on here now, when it was so much better at launch.

1 Like

Once again, i’ve been watching a program on 9Now this morning, and every single ad break (about 6 or 7 in total) has been 1:30 long with the same 30 second ad repeated 3 times. What a turn off

Yeah not good

I got the same Spotlight ad while watching MAFS last night on 9Now albeit it was only 1 ad and only 15 seconds

Yeah. I was watching MAFS also, and a 30 second long Commonwealth Bank ad was the only ad shown across the entire show, 3 times per ad break on every ad break. Talk about overkill!

Same thing happened a while back when I was streaming on TenPlay. They played the same Family Feud ad each time, and this add was soooo long :frowning:

I gave up on 9Now a long time ago.

9now blockout. Least it’s better than the simple screen with a message.

6 Likes