9Now

6 Likes

A placeholder on screen for duration of Today show saying they can’t stream due to Rio:

4 Likes

Just during Olympics related content or for the entire program? In any case, it’s better than tenplay’s effort with a blank screen and a message written at the bottom of a description.

I’m not sure how long.

I first looked at the Perth stream ten minutes ago and saw it, and its still on now.

1 Like

Nine News was the same last night.

The stream came back on when Today finished.

The News placeholder

3 Likes

Bachelor in Paradise

“Fast-tracked on 9Now”

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/9life/375/47?u=tv.cynic

9NOW SIGNS DIGITAL CONTENT DEAL WITH MAKER STUDIOS

Five Original Short Form Series Available Now

Nine Entertainment Co. (NEC) today announced a content deal with Maker Studios, a global leader in short form online content and a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, aimed to bring new audiences to live streaming and on-demand video platform 9Now.

9Now will feature five original series from Maker Studios – part of the “Short Not Sweet” package available to viewers as of Wednesday, September 14th – all aimed at the millennial audience.

Niamh Collins, General Manager of Product and Digital Operations at Nine, said, “This deal is important as it’s the first time 9Now has forged a digital only content deal. We firmly believe our relationship with Maker Studios will add new audiences to the 9Now platform, which already has more than 1.7m subscribers, and we are really excited to be an exclusive home for the premiere of Jobsworth, starring Joe Weller.”

“We are thrilled to bring this group of fun, quirky original series to 9Now,” said Nick Higgins, General Manager, Maker Studios Australia and New Zealand. “We continue to look for distribution platforms that value our voice in short form and look forward to exposing these original shows to new audiences.”

The five original series now available on 9Now include:

• Jobsworth – Available only on 9Now – Take a journey with 20-year-old YouTube sensation Joe Weller as he looks to find his dream job. Watch as Joe bargains with potential bosses for a day of experience in his dream job in return for a day in the worst job they can find. With more than six million followers across social platforms, Joe has built a global audience with comedy sketches, vlogs, music videos and more.

• Now Boarding – Skateboarders and social media stars Chris Chann, Micky Papa and Jason Park embark on their first ever European adventure. Journey with Chris and friends through Paris, Munich, Vienna, Budapest, Prague, Venice, and more, as they link up with locals to skate iconic spots, sample signature dishes, check out the nightlight, and explore how skateboarding can break down barriers and connect cultures. The series is a collaboration between Maker Studios and Sweatpants Media.

• Wreck Room – YouTube star Nikki Limo hosts game night in her parents’ living room – playing games from growing up like “Never Have I Ever” and “Spin the Bottle.” The series is a collaboration between Maker Studios and Matador Content, producers of the hit Spike TV series Lip Sync Battle.

• Pretty Vacant – Two shallow, narcissistic, and oftentimes reprehensible best friends find themselves in relatable but elevated situations as they search for love. Starring creators Avital Ash and Danielle Rene, along with Adrianne Palicki (Friday Night Lights), Derek Phillips (Friday Night Lights), and Simon Kassianides (The Big C), with digital stars AlphaCat and Shameless Maya, the series is directed by Heath Cullens (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia) and is a collaboration between Maker Studios and Steel Wool Entertainment.

• Hope & Randy – A quirky, irreverent, romantic comedy about the sweet and awkward sexual explorations of a pair of 24-year-olds in their first serious relationship. The series originally premiered on linear television as part of truTV’s “Late Night Snack” in the U.S. and is produced by Two Trick Pony in association with Maker Studios.

Watch now on your device at www.9now.com.au/jobsworth

Interesting move given Seven is renegotiating its output deal with The Walt Disney Company in a bid to choose titles on a show by show basis, according to The Australian. The current output deal will have included Maker Studios I assume?

Sorry, I’ve tried opening these links but with no luck… do they still work, or is there something I have to do to use them that I’m missing?

Keen to watch 9 Perth tonight.

Thanks guys.

The streaming links were changed back in June, the current ones (multichannels are further down the page) can be found here: Streaming Apps

1 Like

Amazing. Thanks a bunch. :slight_smile:

9Now is available on Chromecast from today. It is the first FTA streaming platform to launch a Chromecast app.

Streamee is now online

1 Like

What timezone is it in ?

No Channel Ten?

I think you will find that the network’s lawyers will be in contact shortly. Probably not a great idea as the networks will most likely now change the m3u8 locations again or encrypt their streams to prevent use from the general populous. Congratulations.

6 Likes

Again? The changes 9 made to their URLs made them easier to read and understand if anything, the old ones were confusing. Anyways, probably not worth getting upset about as Freeview Live launches next month