9Now

Yeah they want the actual channel not the catchup episodes. Yeah they could do it on the Ipad but then how would this connect to the non smart tv ? They don’t like watching on tiny screens.

Also just google searched and it seems for some reason 9 Now is not available on Chromecast yet (Thought anything could display off Chrome on the tv)

Seems in this case just connecting the laptop to the tv via HDMI is the only way to go ? Ths should work ? It isn’t listed as a method on the 9 Now site.

Can’t believe a tv channel is so successful people want to watch it when it goes off air lol. I doubt 7 Flix would have the same impact.

9now has streaming on the latest Apple TV, doesn’t it?

Otherwise, laptop and a HDMI cable should do the trick.

3 Likes

Yeah, laptop and HDMI to the TV is the best way to go with a non smart TV.

1 Like

Plus a very large data allowance.

The reason it’s hard to believe is because it isn’t true - as previously stated 9Life is the least popular multichannel in Queensland regional areas.

2 Likes

Yes I forgot that was mentioned.

I mean it seems succesful in targeting my parents . They seem glued to that channel more than 7Two.

Yes we have a 1000gb allowance with Telstra of which at most we have been going through 200-250gb so far a month.

I know I have asked but if anyone knows how Chromecast works can they explain this .

It says on 9Now’s page that it will support Chromecast soon.

I thought that anything off Google Chrome could be displayed on the tv ?

Yes but I reckon they mean their app will support straight broadcasting to the TV, so when you use the 9Now app on your phone or tablet, the little icon to send to Chromecast will appear.

Oh so if I buy a Chromecast it will work with 9 Now from the laptop ? Has anyone successfully done that ?

I find it flaky displaying video within a chrome tab and casting. Far better if you have a way to cast the video directly.

3 Likes

Yep, it’s possible from the laptop but as mentioned it’s flaky for video, that’s the experience I’ve had also unfortunately.

1 Like

I asked about being on the Telstra TV and mentioned to them that 7 offers it and they responded

Hi , stay tuned, we hope to be on Telstra TV soon! :slightly_smiling_face:

Is the picture quality on 9Now in HD now ? I’m watching The Middle on the 9Now app on the Telstra TV and the image quality is very good on my 32 inch 768p TV. Looks very bright in colour .Much better than say TenPlay for example.

I thought that 9Now’s on-demand content has always been in 720p just like the streams.

Maybe it was I think when I used to watch it on Jumpin on the laptop it was HD then … not sure though.

Looks better than Plus 7’s .

So The Middle is in a better picture quality than coming through the tv aerial in SD. :slight_smile:

Yes.

I now only watch 9go, 9life or 9gem via 9now. There’s no reason for me to continue watching via over the air.

5 Likes

You must have a good internet connection… I only wish :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I got lucky with the NBN rollout :slight_smile:

I have an NBN box on the front of my house but at the moment it’s a dust collector as they’ve yet to actually connect it to the street. I guess it will happen sometime this century.

we’re “supposed” to have the NBN in my area on August 5, which is a nice day-after-birthday present (that’s if it’s on schedule) - we were promised March and then May, so we’re not holding our breath.

I wish 9Now would hurry up and get onto Chromecast.

If 9 Now can be in HD why on earth is Australia’s no 1 network’s catchup site not in HD ?