9Go!

Yeah strange that these old-as-hills series are on a supposed ‘16-39’ channel.

Maybe 9Go needs to ‘poach’ some of 10 Peach’s sitcoms for their afternoon slots? Or maybe even get some Disney sitcoms on the channel. I’ve noticed that shows like 3rd Rock and That 70s Show have both stopped airing on 9Go.

2 Likes

Celebrity Call Center

Monday 14 August 12.30am (early Tuesday morning)

Everyday people are given the opportunity to seek the advice of a celebrity by speaking to them directly over the phone; working together in a virtual call center headquarters, the celebrities unleash their wisdom on relatable topics.

US supernatural drama Falling Water premieres on Sunday, August 20 at 11.50pm. Season 1 aired in America in late 2016, followed by season 2 in the first quarter of 2018, before the series was axed.

I remember watching that on Amazon… such a confusing and weird show .

2019 US sitcom Abby’s premieres next Sunday (August 7) at 4.30pm. Only ten episodes were made before the series was axed by NBC.

1 Like

Who thought that would make a good series?

Another 2019 US comedy series, Sunnyside, starts on 9GO! on Sunday, September 10, at 5pm. The show only lasted 11 episodes. Five episodes were shown on NBC before it was pulled from the schedule due to low ratings, with the remaining six available on NBC website.

EDIT: Sunnyside will also air at 5pm Saturdays from September 16.

9GO! will also have the FTA premiere of Channel 5 series Fare Dodgers: At War with the Law at 1pm daily from September 11 to 14. The show is currently available on 9Now.

1 Like

What if Channel 99/88 become Cartoon Network? If it is launched then 9Go! only has 1 frequency and Foxtel/Sky NZ channels of CN and Boomerang staying or closing.

Isn’t there a thread for this sort of mock-esque speculation?

1 Like

Interestingly, 9GO has picked up Seinfeld and will be playing it in the 7.30 slot soon. It is from the first episode. It will still be screening on 10 Peach though. So you can watch S1 at 730 on 9GO and then flick to 10 Peach at 9.30 for S9.

3 Likes

Why wouldn’t they start it from there though? Be kind of silly if they started from Season 5

So is it staying on 10Peach and also airing on 9Go! or will it be finishing up on Peach and just airing on Go?

2 Likes

I have no idea. Just reporting but can find out.

1 Like

I don’t think it would be too weird if it did. There was a point 7 picked up the rights to Big Bang Theory re-runs whilst first run episodes still aired on Nine.

1 Like

The re runs / new episode thing happens often for different networks. The repeat issue comes up with shows like Law and Order SVU with 10 having new episodes and limited repeat rights to late seasons with Seven having the earlier repeats. This is due to 10 having life of series for new episodes. It is rare to have a repeat show airing on two networks simultaneously like this.

2 Likes

Is it 2009 again? Wasn’t this in the Go lineup back then??

EDIT: i was close. Seinfeld was weeknights at 8.00 on Go when it began in 2009. TMZ was at 7.30.

5 Likes

Nine first got the Seinfeld rights in 2008 but it was only late-night filler until it moved to Go! in 2009

1 Like

At the moment on GO, the Monday to Thursday schedule is this: 6pm: Raymond (double eps), 7pm: Young Sheldon. 7.30pm: “Normal Programs”. With Seinfeld to start at 7.30pm, i assume the normal schedule will start at 8pm? For shows like Survivor, RBT, movies and whatever airs in that slot.

1 Like

So will double episodes at 730 Monday to Wednesday with Love Island on at 830. Thursday as normal. RBT out. Was only movies 730 on other nights,

1 Like

10 peach need new programs they’re losing all their content to ch 9

I imagine it’ll be leaving 10 (Peach) soon then?

Big get for Nine (Go!) and a miss for the likes of 7mate / 7flix where it once performed strongly when they got a Sony deal from 2011, wouldn’t be surprised if a quiet ‘bidding war’ went on, surprised 10 lost out or opted not to renew, I guess Peach does have enough performers namely TBBT and Friends (also previously on Seven & Nine and Ten respectively).

I remember still seeing re-runs on Ten (albeit remastered digital for widescreen and HD) in the late 2000s, around 2006 and 2007 during day time and around midnight.

10 (Bold) haven’t aired SVU re-runs (mid-seasons) for a year or two now, Seven up to S6 with rights (following signing the NBC-U output last year) and TVT recent m/c survey with Seven they indicated “more coming” (this year or from Feb 2024) as well as L&O: CI, could end up with all seasons (bar SVU’s most recent of course as you say with 10).